*Participating retailers: Dillons Norwood Bookshop, Dymocks Adelaide, Dymocks Glenelg, Dymocks Hyde Park, Harry Hartog Burnside Village, Imprints Booksellers, Matilda Bookshop, and Mostly Books.
Thanks for your entry and good luck!
We will draw our winner on 21 December 2020
Copyright 2020 [Murdoch Books A division of Allen & Unwin, Australia's largest independent publisher]
Win dinner for 4 at Africola
Conditions of Entry: Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Conditions of Entry and Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter is Murdoch Books, owned by Allen & Unwin Pty Ltd (A.B.N 79 003 994 278) of 83 Alexander Street, Crows Nest, NSW 2065. The Competition Partner is Africola 4 East Terrace Adelaide SA 5000.
3. This competition complies with South Australian Government's laws governing trade promotions and lotteries. Approval of Electronic Drawing System No. 1474.
4. Entry is open to Australian residents 18+ years only. Employees of Murdoch Books, Allen & Unwin Pty Ltd and Africola, and anyone else connected to Allen & Unwin or Africola, and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. Eligible people (Entrants) who enter online via www.africolabook.com.au in accordance with these Conditions of Entry will be eligible to win. One (1) entrant will be selected as the Winner.
5. To enter an entrant must purchase a copy of Africola by Duncan Welgemoed ISBN 9781760523862 RRP $49.99 from a participating retailer (Dillons Norwood Bookshop, Dymocks Adelaide, Dymocks Glenelg, Dymocks Hyde Park, Harry Hartog Burnside Village, Imprints Booksellers, Matilda Bookshop, and Mostly Books), complete the Entry Form at www.africolabook.com.au, including indicating they have read and agree to these Conditions of Entry and retaining their receipt as proof of purchase, which will be provided to the Promoter by email when requested. Only one (1) entry per person is allowed.
6. The entry submitted will be taken as the entrant’s acceptance of assigning all rights and interests including but not limited to copyright and all other intellectual property rights of the entrant’s to Murdoch Books and Allen & Unwin. Murdoch Books and Allen & Unwin reserve the right to edit or alter the entrant’s submission.
7. The prize consists a dine-in Feed Me gift voucher from Africola restaurant, 4 East Terrace Adelaide SA 5000, to cover the full Africola experience for four people. The full Africola experience is like no other, a tailored food-explorational experience based on likes, loves and dietries. This includes all food and drinks and Africola love.
8. The value of the voucher and the total prize value is $800.00. The full amount stated on the voucher must be used in one transaction, as no change or credit will be issued. The voucher is non-refundable, non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. Winner must quote the voucher number when booking their table. The voucher is valid for six months from the date of issue.
9. No portion of the prize is redeemable for cash.
10. The Promoter will notify the Competition Partner of the Winner’s contact details, and the Competition Partner will then deliver the voucher to the Winner by email or post. The Promoter and Competition Partner accept no responsibility for lost or stolen vouchers. The Promoter and Competition Partner accept no responsibility for lost entries, or for emails or voice messages sent from the Promoter or Competition Partner to the Winner which are not received by the Winner in sufficient time to claim their prize.
11. Each entry will be assigned an individual number. The prize will be awarded to the first entry, and corresponding entrant, whose individual number is drawn first, at random, using random number generator software https://www.mathgoodies.com/calculators/random_no_custom
12. The competition commences 09:00 (AEDT) on 03/11/2020. Entries close 23.59 (AEST) on 20/12/2020 (the Competition period). Any entry received after that date will be ineligible. Entry by any person will be taken as acceptance of these Conditions of Entry and Terms and Conditions. Drawing of the winning entry will be conducted at the Promoter’s office on 21/12/2020. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The Winner’s name may be announced online on www.africolabook.com.au and on the Murdoch Books’ and Africola Instagram, Twitter and Facebook pages.
14. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, as a result of the winning entrant accepting or taking the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
15. Murdoch Books and Allen & Unwin will not accept responsibility for late entries, ailed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software. Entries that are forged, incomplete, illegible or do not comply with the terms and conditions will be deemed invalid. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, Murdoch Books and Allen & Unwin reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Competition. No responsibility is assumed for: any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this Competition. In the event of a dispute over an electronic entry, the prize will be awarded to the name on the Entry Form, not the owner of the e-mail account.
16. Murdoch Books and Allen & Unwin may conduct a second draw as is necessary on 05/01/2021 in order to distribute any prize unclaimed by that date, or if the original Winner is deemed ineligible. If a second draw is required, the new Winner will be notified by e-mail.
17. The Promoter collects entrant’s personal information in order to conduct the promotion. If the information requested is not provided, the entrant may not participate in the promotion. Murdoch Books and Allen & Unwin respect your privacy. Your personal details will only be used for the purpose of this promotion and as described within these Conditions of Entry, unless you nominate otherwise. A Murdoch Books and Allen & Unwin Privacy Statement is available online at www.murdochbooks.com.au and www.allenandunwin.com. The Winner’s name may be published. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter at the address set out above.
18. The Promoter and the Competition Partner reserve the right to alter these Conditions of Entry at any point.
19. Any questions regarding this promotion can be emailed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.