TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1.This promotion is only open to Australian residents, aged 13 years or older. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to win. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
2. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
3. No purchase is necessary to enter.
4. The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms and conditions of this promotion. In the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence.
5. Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be deemed invalid.
HOW TO ENTER
6. This promotion is a game of skill. To enter you must:
a. Visit the HIDDEN2017 exhibition at Rookwood Cemetery & take a photo or video of the event.
b. Post your photo or short video to Instagram and include the following hashtag in your description; #HIDDEN2017
c. Images posted with the correct hashtags must be set to “public visibility” for the sake of judging.
7. To enter you will require internet access
8. The following prize can be won: One (1) First Place prize consisting of one (1) five-hundred dollar ($500) cash prize
9. The promotional period will be open from 26/8/17 through 24/9/17. The total prize value is $500.00 inclusive of GST.
10. There will be one (1) winner selected. The winner will be contacted via Instagram or Facebook on 28/9/17. If the winner is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to their parent or guardian.
11. The one (1) winner will be chosen by a judging panel consisting of the Promoter and Beau Weti. The Judges will be looking for the most engaging and visually striking entries that respond to the exhibition’s themes of history (including the Cemetery’s commemoration of its 150 years), culture, remembrance and love. The entries will be judged on the following criteria: a. quality, not quantity; b. originality; and/or c. creativity.
12. The Judges’ decision is final. The winner will be contacted using the details provided on entry.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of at least equal value if circumstances make this necessary.
14. If any prize is declined, or the winner cannot take up a prize or be contacted within 28 days, the prize will be forfeited and a supplementary winner may be awarded the prize, at the Promoter's sole discretion.
15. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or not received by the relevant closing date for any reason.
16. Each prize is non-transferable and no other alternative will be offered. The Promoter will not be responsible for any inability of a prize-winner to take up the specified prize.
17. It is a condition of entry that you agree to public posting of your entry on the Rookwood Cemetery Facebook page and Instagram accounts (@rookwoodcemetery, @hiddensculpturewalk).
18. You agree to allow the Promoter to post your name and Instagram or Facebook handle as part of the promotions.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and/or revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
20. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these terms and conditions. The Promoter's decisions as to which entries are eligible to take part in this promotion, and as to any other aspect of this promotion, are final. No correspondence will be entered into.
21. Entrants are not to submit any offensive and discriminative material, and will find their post removed if evident in their image/comments.
22. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram and by entering this promotion you hereby release Facebook and Instagram from any liability in respect of this promotion. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for the purposes of administering the promotion.
23. You may enter as many times as you like, as long as within competition start and end dates.
24. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entrants from this promotion if it has any reason to believe that efforts have been made to distort the competitive process or spirit of the promotion.
26. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
27. This promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with Australian law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Australian courts.
28. The promoter of this promotion is Rookwood General Cemeteries Reserve Trust (ABN 65 959 157 751) of 1 Hawthorne Avenue, Rookwood, New South Wales, 2141 (“Promoter”).