The Barnes & Noble College #BNCInstabuild Video Contest Official Rules
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Barnes & Noble College #BNCInstabuild Video Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry and currently are members of their Habitat for Humanity Campus Chapter at a Barnes & Noble College campus, and if a minor under the laws of his/her state of residence, an entrant should have parent or legal guardian’s permission to enter the Contest under the terms of these Official Rules. Employees of BARNES & NOBLE COLLEGE BOOKSELLERS, LLC, and its parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate or win the Contest. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: BARNES & NOBLE COLLEGE BOOKSELLERS, LLC("Sponsor"), 120 Mountain View Boulevard, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest.
4. Timing: The Contest Submission period begins at 09:00:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on October 24, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EDT on November 7, 2014 (the “Submission Phase"). The Contest Voting Period begins at 09:00:01 a.m. EDT on November 10, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 a.m. EDT on November 21, 2014 (the"Voting Phase"). The Judging Period begins at 12:30:00 p.m. EDT on November 21, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EDT on December 4, 2014. Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: Chapters are asked to submit a video to Instagram containing the hashtag #BNCInstabuild, answering the question "Why is Habitat for Humanity so important?" Then, entrants will go to the Barnes & Noble College official college entry form and follow the on-screen instructions for entry. Information required for entry includes a contact first and last name, e-mail address, video submission and any other information required in the offer, (collectively,"Entry Information"). Upload an Instagram video using the hashtag #BNCInstaBuild (the “Theme”). Your Entry Information will constitute one (1) entry ("Submission ") into the Contest. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor. Your Entry will not be acknowledged or returned. Your Entry will not be acknowledged or returned. You acknowledge that you will not receive any compensation of any kind for your Entry. By entering the Contest, you grant Sponsor the non-exclusive,royalty-free, irrevocable rights to use, reproduce, copy, publish, display,distribute, perform, translate, adapt, modify, and otherwise exploit your Submission and to incorporate your submission into other works in any and all markets and media, whether now known or hereafter developed, throughout the universe in perpetuity. Entries must be received by the termination of the Submission Phase to be eligible. Limit one (1) entry per unique email address and per chapter during the Submission Phase. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void, as are entries that are illegible, garbled,incomplete or that contain errors. If requested, each Entrant must be able to provide submissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. No other entry method will be accepted.
All of the approved videos that are submitted will then enter a Voting Phase. Voting will be open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry and if a minor under the laws of his/her state of residence, an entrant should have parent or legal guardian’s permission to enter the Contest under the terms of these Official Rules.
The top five (5) videos will move on to the Judging Phase. A panel of judges will select two (2) Grand Prize Winners based on the following criteria:
By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and that your Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Submission and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
Ownership: All Submissions become the property of Sponsor. Submissions will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering the Contest, you grant Sponsor the non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable rights to use,reproduce, copy, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt,modify, and otherwise exploit your Submission, and in other works in any and all markets and media, whether now known or hereafter developed, throughout the universe in perpetuity.Notwithstanding the foregoing, you unconditionally grant Sponsor the rights to and assigns and transfers all ideas, concepts, copyrighted materials, trademarks,and all intellectual property ownership, including partial ownership of jointly developed intellectual property, contained in the Submission and any and all rights in the Submission to the Sponsor, which may be evidenced by a written assignment signed by you. Sponsor has the right to use, assign, modify, edit,adapt, dispose, and alter the Submission, including but not limited to,appearances in promotional and/or commercial materials, as well as to reproduce the Submission, in whole or in part, without compensation, notification, or additional consent from you or any third party. You warrant that you have the sole and exclusive right to grant such rights to Sponsor, and that the Sponsor's reproduction, publishing, displaying, and/or other use of the Submission will not infringe on any rights of third parties, including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark, privacy, or publicity rights, or create claims for breach of contract, anywhere in the world. You agree that Sponsor shall have no obligation to copy, publish,display, or otherwise exploit the Submission. You acknowledge that you will not receive any compensation of any kind for your Submission.Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) are not responsible for lost, late,stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions, all of which will be void. You agree to indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
6.Judging Criteria: All of the entries submitted will be posted on the participating Contest Form Landing Page at the close of the Submission Phase. The general public, along with Contest participants, will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite entry. At the end of the Voting Phase, the top five (5) vote-getters will be declared potential Finalists. The potential finalists' entries are subject to the Sponsor’s review and approval before it is verified as a confirmed Finalist. In the event of any ties, the Sponsor will select the winner according to Creativity and Originality (50%) and Quality and Clarity (50%). Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than five (5) finalists if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified submissions. After the Finalists are determined, a panel of judges will select two (2) winners, based on the criteria listed in Section 5.
7.Winners Notification: The Prize winners will be announced via email and on the Barnes & Noble College fan page on Facebook on or about Friday, December 5, 2014. If any Winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes will be fulfilled immediately at the end of the Voting Phase.
8. Prizes: The two (2) Grand Prize winning Campus Chapters will each receive $5,000 toward the Spring Break Collegiate Challenge Trip. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. No substitution or transfer of prize except in sponsor’s sole discretion; if any advertised prize becomes unavailable, Sponsor may award a substitute of comparable value.
9. Release: By participating in the Contest, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies involved in this Contest, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winner from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information,whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen Submissions; or (6) any and all claims and liability, including but not limited to injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers,hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed,incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission. By participating, entrant waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, attorneys' fees or any damages.
12.Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually,without resort to any form of class action. (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York,applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings, or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the State of New York, County of New York. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of the state courts of New York and federal court located with such state and county with respect to any action, dispute, or other matter pertaining to or arising out of this Contest.
14. Winner List:Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (listed above)and no later than December 31, 2014. For the Winner List, send an email with subject line: #BNCInstabuild Video Contest Winner List to firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. NO WARRANTIES: Sponsor makes no warranties covering any of the prizes furnished as part of this Contest.
16. NO IMPLIED ENDORSEMENT: The names of individuals, groups, companies, products and services mentioned herein, and any corresponding likenesses, logos and images thereof reproduced herein, have been used for identification purposes only and may be the copyrighted properties and trademarks of their respective owners. The mention of any individual, group or company, or the inclusion of a product or service as the prize, does not imply any association with or endorsement by such individual, group or company or the manufacturer or distributor of such product or service and, except as otherwise indicated, no association or endorsement is intended or should be inferred