For detailed product information, including indications for use, contraindications, precautions and warnings, please consult the product’s applicable Instructions for Use (IFU) prior to use.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality website. Preventing pressure ulcers in hospitals: a toolkit for improving quality of care. https://www.ahrq.gov/professionals/systems/hospitaVpressureulcertoolkit/putool1.html. Updated October 2014. Accessed February 1, 2018.
- Lyder CH, et al. Hospital-Acquired Pressure Ulcers: Results from the National Medicare Patient Safety Monitoring System Study. J Am Geriatr Soc.2012;60(9):1603-8.
- National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel, European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel, Pan Pacific Pressure Injury Alliance. Prevention and Treatment of Pressure Ulcers: Quick Reference Guide. Haesler E, ed. Osborne Park, Australia. Cambridge Media; 2014. https://www.npuap.org/ wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Updated-10-16-14-Quick-Reference-Guide-DIGITAL-NPUAP-EPUAP-PPPIA-16Oct2014.pdf. Accessed February 1, 2018.
- Forni C, D'Alessandro F, Gallerani P, et al. Effectiveness of using a new polyurethane foam multi-layer dressing in the sacral area to prevent the onset of pressure ulcer in the elderly with hip fracture: A pragmatic randomized controlled trial. Int Wound J. 2018; 15; 383-90.
- ALLEVYN LIFE Package Insert. Hull, England: Smith & Nephew Medical Limited; 2014.
- Data on File Report DS/15/025/R – May 2016, L. Daubney. Physical Testing ALLEVYN LIFE Gen2.
- Data on File Report DS/15/217/R – October 2015, L. Daubney. Pressure Transmission Testing
- Pickham D, Berte N, Pihulic M, Valdez A. Mayer B, Desai M. Effect of a wearable patient sensor on care del very for preventing pressure injuries in acutely ill adults: A pragmatic randomized clinical trial (LS-HAPI study). Int J Nurs Stud. 2018; 80:12-19.
- Satterwhite J,. et al. A patient safety goal: Preventing the incidence of pressure ulcers in the hospitalized patient resulting in a positive outcome and a reduction in associated costs, 2006.
- Wassel, C., Gayle, J., Dreyfus, J., Delhougne, G., and Larson, B. Readmission, mortality, cost and clinical outcomes of hospital acquired pressure injury patients by stage. Presented at the Symposium on Advanced Wound Care (SAWC) Fall, October 12-14, 2019. Las Vegas, NV.
©2019 Smith + Nephew Inc., All rights reserved. ◊Trademark of Smith + Nephew MSWE3-20337-1019