The #DiniInterviewSweeps Twitter Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN. The Barnes & Noble College #DiniInterviewSweeps Twitter Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is sponsored by Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, ("Sponsor"),120 Mountainview Boulevard, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry, who "follow" the Barnes & Noble College Twitter account (@BNcollege), and, if a minor under the laws of their state of residence, have parent or guardian permission to enter the Sweepstakes under the terms of these Official Rules. Any entries not eligible for any reason will be disqualified from winning the prize. Employees of Sponsor, and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies involved in this Sweepstakes, and their immediate family members (parent, child, spouse, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or those living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate in or win the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws apply.
2. HOW TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes begins at 09:00:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on June 23, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 a.m. EDT on June 30, 2016 (the “Entry Period”). Log in to your Twitter account and follow the on-screen entry instructions on the Barnes & Noble College Twitter Page (https://twitter.com/BNcollege) to enter the “Barnes & Noble College #DiniInterviewSweeps Twitter” Sweepstakes in the manner set forth in the offer by the Sponsor. Information required for entry includes your Twitter Username, the hashtag #DiniInterviewSweeps and a link to the Q&A with Paul Dini on the Barnes & Noble College Blog, The College Juice (https://www.thecollegejuice.com) and any other information required in the offer (collectively, "Entry Information"). Your Entry Information will constitute one (1) entry ("Entry") into the Sweepstakes. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor. Your Entry will not be acknowledged or returned. Your entry will be posted to http://twitter.com/BNcollege. Entrant acknowledges that entrant will not receive any compensation of any kind for its Entry. Entries must be received by the termination of the Entry Period to be eligible. Two (2) winners will be chosen at the end of the Entry Period. Limit one (1) entry per unique Twitter Handle and per person during the Entry Period. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void, as are entries that are illegible, garbled, incomplete or that contain errors. Normal time, toll, connection and usage rates, if any, charged by your Internet service provider will apply. All entries become the property of the Sponsor. No other entry method will be accepted.
3. WINNER SELECTION/NOTIFICATION/VALIDATION: One (1) winner will be selected by Sponsor in the Sweepstakes in accordance with the offer (by random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period). Proof of transmission is not proof of receipt. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for each Sweepstakes and determines the order of receipt of entries. All decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding with respect to all matters related to the Sweepstakes. The potential winner(s) will be asked for a valid Twitter Handle and will be notified via this username and may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity (where legal) form within seven (7) days of date of attempted notification. If winner is a minor, all documents must be signed by parent or legal guardian. Noncompliance within this time period, with these Official Rules or the return of any prize/prize notification may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate potential winner may be selected by Sponsor at random or based upon Sponsor’s records of the next fastest entry received, in accordance with the offer. Prizes will be fulfilled less than 2 weeks after winner validation. Any winner later determined to be ineligible may be required to return his/her prize. Any taxes on prize are the responsibility of the winner.
4. PRIZE AND ODDS: The prize(s) mentioned in the Sweepstakes offer, one (1) copy of the book Dark Knight: A True Batman Story, for each winner, (with an estimated retail value of $20.00), are the only prize(s) available. No transfer, substitution or cash redemption will be awarded in lieu of stated prize except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion, if the advertised prize becomes unavailable. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Odds of winning depend on number and timing of entries in each Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is open to over 100,000,000 internet users in the United States.
5. GENERAL RULES: Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its designees to use winner's Entry, name, city, state, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity in any and all media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. By participating, entrant (i) agrees to release and hold Barnes & Noble College, Sponsor, and each of their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties"), harmless against any and all claims and liability arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Sweepstakes or misuse, non-use or use of any prize(including any travel or activity related thereto); (ii) waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, attorneys' fees or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to enter; and (iii) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Released Parties are not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, inaccurate, illegible, misdirected, garbled, delayed or undelivered entries or referrals; or for technical hardware or software malfunctions or failures of any kind, lost, unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission, which may limit an individual's ability to participate. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes, or to disqualify any implicated entrant(s), (and their entries) if any fraud, virus, actions by entrants, technical or other error or problem, or any other occurrence corrupts or affects the administration, integrity, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to award the prize in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the event or action warranting such cancellation. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled prior to the stated end date, a notice will be posted at www.twitter.com/BNcollege. CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. In the event of such a dispute or in the event a potential winner entered via internet and a dispute arises regarding a specific individual entitled to receive a prize, entries made by internet will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry and any damage made to the web site will also be the responsibility of the authorized account holder. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Released Parties are not responsible for any technical, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other error relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes.
6. WINNER'S NAME: The names of the winners (first name, last name initial) will be posted to www.twitter.com/BNcollege when available.
7. NO WARRANTIES: Sponsor makes no warranties covering any of the prizes furnished as part of this Sweepstakes.
8. GOVERNING LAW: This Sweepstakes and the rights and obligations of the Sponsor and participants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the State of New York, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings,or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the State of New York, County of New York. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of the state courts of New York and federal court located with such state and county with respect to any action, dispute, or other matter pertaining to or arising out of this Sweepstakes.
10. NO IMPLIED ENDORSEMENT: This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. The names of individuals, groups,companies, products and services mentioned herein, and any corresponding likenesses, logos and images thereof reproduced herein, have been used for identification purposes only and may be the copyrighted properties and trademarks of their respective owners. The mention of any individual, group or company, or the inclusion of a product or service as the prize, does not imply any association with or endorsement by such individual, group or company or the manufacturer or distributor of such product or service and, except as otherwise indicated, no association or endorsement is intended or should be inferred.