1. Must be between ages 15-28 (as of June 1, 2019).
2. Must be willing and able to perform at East Texas Idol on Friday night, August 23rd if selected by the committee.
3. Video must be a capella or with a single acoustic instrument (played by the vocalist) and it is recommended the song be a cover rather than an original piece.
4. Video should be approximately 60 seconds long.
5. The video should be of you! We want to see you shine, so include your face in the video.
Following a committee vote, the top 15 singers will perform live at Liberty Hall on Friday, August 23rd for a chance at winning the Silver Ticket!
EAST TEXAS IDOL OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by KLTV-TV, 105 West Ferguson, Tyler, TX, 75701; KTRE-TV, 358 TV Road, Pollok, TX, 75969 (“Sponsor(s)”). The promotion begins at noon (12:00pm) July 22nd, 2019 and ends at 10pm August 23rd, 2019. Entries must be received by 11:59pm August 9th, 2019. Promotion is subject to local, state, and federal laws, and is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules. This promotion is no way sponsored by, endorsed by, or associated in any way with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. All times herein are Central time zone.
In the event production of the upcoming season of ABC’s American Idol (currently scheduled to begin in January 2020) (the “Program”) is cancelled or postponed, the prizing may be cancelled without substitution or compensation therefor.
Entering this Promotion is not an audition for the Program itself. Individuals eligible for the Program may also learn how to audition for the Program by visiting www.americanidol.com.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station’s viewing area: Hunt, Delta, Hopkins, Franklin, Titus, Camp, Moriris, Cass, Kaufman, Van Zandt, Rains, Wood, Smith, Upshur, Gregg, Marion, Harrison, Henderson, Anderson, Cherokee, Rusk, Nacogdoches, Panola, Shelby. By June 1, 2019, entrant must be 15 to 28 years old. Employees and immediate family members of employees of KLTV-TV, KTRE-TV, the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per individual will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified. Text and messaging rates may apply.
If entrant is a minor (17 years of age or younger), entrant must have a parent or legal guardian sign the required participant agreements, releases and all exhibits, schedules and attachments thereto that will be furnished to him/her in connection with this Promotion.
To participate in the Program, you must be able to prove that:
1. On June 1, 2019 you must be 15 to 28 years old (which means you must be born on or
between June 2, 1990 and June 1, 2004). If you were born before or after this window, you are
not eligible to participate this season.
2. You must be a legal U.S. resident with the unrestricted right to work in the United States
throughout the entire competition portion of the Program and through the term of any post
show agreements provided by Producer or any of the other Program Entities (as defined
3. You may not have been one of the Top 10 contestants on Season 1 or Season 2 of the Program on ABC.
4. To accept an invitation to participate in the competition portion of the Program (currently
scheduled to begin in January 2020), you must be able to demonstrate to the satisfaction of
Producer that you do not have any contractual arrangement that would prohibit you from fully
participating in the show and/or entering into any contracts required by Producer, including,
but not limited to, an exclusive recording contract, merchandising contract, a live and/or
global touring agreement and an exclusive management contract (subject to paragraph 5
5. In the event that you already have a management contract prior to your first audition in
front of the Program judges, the requirement to enter into a management contract shall not
apply to you provided that you can demonstrate to the satisfaction of Producer and 19
Entertainment that such contract commenced prior to the date of your first audition in front
of the Program judges. By accepting an invitation to be a participant, you must timely
complete and return such participant agreements, releases and all exhibits, schedules and
attachments thereto that will be furnished to you by Producer and/or 19 Entertainment.
6. You must not currently be a candidate for public office and must agree not to become a
candidate for public office until one (1) year after the initial exhibition of the final episode of
the Program in which you appear (if selected to participate).
7. As of May 5, 2018 and continuing through the completion of the competition, neither you
nor any of your immediate family members or members of your household (whether related
or not), may be an employee, officer or director of: (a) NEG Operations Inc. and all majority
owned subsidiaries (including, but not limited to, 19 Entertainment Limited, 19 Entertainment,
Inc., 19 Touring LLC, 19 Recordings Limited and 19 TV Limited) (collectively, the “19
Companies”); (b) American Idol Productions, Inc. (“Producer”); (c) American Broadcasting
Companies, Inc. (“ABC”); (d) FremantleMedia North America, Inc. (“FremantleMedia”); (e)
Telescope Inc.; (f) any of the foregoing entities’ respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliated
companies; (g) any person or entity involved in the casting, auditions, development,
production, distribution, or other exploitation of the Program or any variation thereof; (h) any
known, major sponsor of the Program; or (i) any person or entity supplying services or prizes
to the Program. The entities described in the preceding sentence shall be referred to herein,
individually and collectively, as the “Program Entities.”
8. You must accurately complete all documents provided by Producer, any of the other
Program Entities or any other entity providing services to the Program.
Please note that in order to enjoy the full benefit of any prize offered as part of the Program,
you must be a legal U.S. resident with the unrestricted right to work in the United States
throughout the entire competition portion of the Program and through the term of any post
show agreements provided by Producer or any of the other Program Entities.
Producer has the sole discretion to make determinations of contestant eligibility, which are
binding and final in all respects, and Producer reserves the right to change any of the eligibility
requirements at any time. In addition, you acknowledge and agree that Producer has the sole
discretion at any time to render ineligible and disqualify any person who, in Producer’s sole
discretion, is sufficiently acquainted with the development, production, administration,
judging, exhibition or other exploitation of the Program such that his or her participation in
the Program could create the appearance of impropriety.
3. How to Enter. There is one (1) way to enter this promotion. Beginning at 12:00am, July 22nd, 2019, individuals can log on to www.kltv.com or www.ktre.com and upload a video of him/herself performing a song either acapella or accompanied by a musical instrument. Videos cannot be more than one minute long. See Section 5 below for additional video submission details. Entries must be received by 11:59pm, August 9th in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that KLTV-TV, KTRE-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that KLTV-TV and KTRE-TV may release entrant’s personally identifiable registration information, including but not limited to the entrant’s contact information, email address, and all information contained in the entrant’s social media profile, to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. KLTV-TV and KTRE-TV are not responsible for the use of entrant’s personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s) or the Social Media Sites (as defined below).
4. Ownership and Publicity Rights. By submitting an entry in any form, entrant represents and warrants that he/she owns the copyrights and moral rights to any and all artistic or commercial works contained in his/her entry, including any images, logos, music, videos, and/or literary or written content (even if such works are in the background). In exchange for the opportunity to participate in this promotion, entrant grants Sponsor(s) the perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, and irrevocable right, but not the obligation, to use, edit, alter, copy, reproduce, disclose, display, publish, prepare derivative works from, perform, distribute, exhibit, broadcast, stream, embed, or otherwise exploit the entry, in whole or in part, whether in connection with the promotion or not, in any form, media or technology, now known or hereafter developed, including, without limitation, broadcast and cable television, radio, mobile transmission and the Internet, for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, advertising, promotion, entertainment and commercial purposes, without any payment to, or further authorization by, the entrant. Entrant represents and warrants that he/she has the right to grant all of the rights in this paragraph to the Sponsor(s), and that he/she has secured all third party rights, including but not limited to copyrights, trademark, and privacy rights contained within his/her entry. Entrant represents and warrants that the entry is original and that all factual statements contained in it are true and correct and not exaggerated. If at any time Sponsor(s) receive a request to remove any entry from Sponsor(s) broadcast, website, blog, twitter account, message board, podcast, social media profile, mobile application, or other media claiming entrant’s failure to secure or possess any of the rights contained herein, Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to remove the submission and eliminate entrant from further consideration in this promotion. If any entry: (1) contains material that is violent, pornographic, obscene, illegal, inappropriate, defamatory, or racially or morally offensive; (2) does not comply with these rules; or (3) does not meet Sponsor(s) standards for any reason whatsoever, Sponsor(s) reserve the right to reject the entry as ineligible for submission. Please see our website’s Terms of Service for terms and conditions on content submissions.
5. File Formats. Video submissions should be no more than one minute in length, and sent in as an MPEG, AVI, MOV, or WMV file and uploaded to www.kltv.com.
7. Prize(s). One ‘Silver Ticket’ pass to the American Idol Auditions city (TBD) will be awarded to the entrant selected as ‘East Texas Idol’. Winner will also receive travel arrangements and one night’s accommodations in a double-occupancy room in a to-be-named-later hotel (not to exceed a total of $1,500). All other travel accommodations and related expenses are the responsibility of the winner. (If the ‘Silver Ticket’ winner is a minor, a parent or guardian will be for their own travel accommodations.) 14 ‘Front of the Line’ passes to American Idol Auditions will also be awarded to the Top 15 runner-up contestants (for use at remaining audition city of their choice). All runners up that are awarded ‘Front of the Line’ passes are responsible for their own travel and accommodations to and from the American Idol auditions. If winner is unable to attend the audition for any reason, the prize is forfeited.
Minor contestants must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian at hotel. The hotel room will be reserved in the name of the parent or legal guardian. [ML1]
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
Any prize awarded during this Promotion is subject to these rules, including but not limited to Section 10 below, and the American Idol Audition Terms and Conditions, which are available for review at www.americanidol.com.
8. How the Prizes are Awarded. From noon (12:00pm) August 22nd through 11:59pm August 9th , contestants are asked to submit a video, no longer than one minute, of them performing a song either acapella or accompanied by a musical instrument in which contestant will play (no pre-recorded tracks or separate musician accompaniment are permitted). Entrant must provide instrument. On August 12th through August 15th, a panel of KLTV-TV employees will take all entries and narrow them down to a Top 20, comprised of 15 finalists and 5 alternates, those finalists and alternates will be notified on August 16th, 2019. On August 23rd, all finalists will be required to perform at the East Texas Idol LIVE Competition, at Liberty Hall, 103 E. Erwin, Tyler TX, 75701. The LIVE Competition will feature four rounds, and each finalist will perform up to one minute per round, either acapella or with an instrument. All performances will be in front of a panel of 3 judges. After Round 1, judges will score each performance and select a Top 10 that will move to Round 2. After Round 2, the judges will select a Top 5 that move to Round 3. After Round 3 the judges will select a Top 2 that move into the Final Round. After the Final Round the Judges will determine the winner, and that winner will be declared East Texas Idol.
What finalists perform is entirely up to them, but they must sing a different selection in each round. Any finalist that is unable to perform at the East Texas Idol LIVE Competition on August 23rd, 2019 forfeits their status as a finalist and will be replaced with an alternate.
9. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
10. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. A driver’s license, appropriate picture identification, or other proof that entrant is the owner of an account or profile is required to claim a prize. The winner(s) will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a publicity release, and a liability release prior to accepting prize. Failing compliance with any of these conditions, the winner will forfeit his/her selection and Sponsor(s) shall have the right but not the obligation to select another winner(s) based on the original judging criteria. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by August 31st, 2018 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. KLTV-TV and KTRE-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from KLTV-TV and KTRE-TV if KLTV-TV and KTRE-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to be make his/herself available to KLTV and KTRE at KLTV’s and KTRE's request for interviews, promotional shoots, etc. during the course of this Promotion and the Program competition. Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that KLTV-TV and KTRE-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner’s name, voice, likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto, including any information that is publicly available on the winner’s social media profile or account, or to which the winner gave Sponsor(s) permission to access, either directly or indirectly, through the Social Media Sites or any related application.
11. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, and American Idol Promotions, Inc., FremantleMedia North America, Inc., American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., NEG Operations Inc. and all majority owned subsidiaries (including, but not limited to, 19 Entertainment Limited, 19 Entertainment, Inc., 19 Touring LLC, 19 Recordings Limited and 19 TV Limited), Telescope, Inc. and each of their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, licensees and assignees of each, from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, defamation, invasion of privacy, misappropriation of likeness, false light, copyright or trademark infringement, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused. By entering this promotion, entrant fully and completely releases the Social Media Sites from any liability associated with or related to participation in this promotion.
12. Sponsor’s Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by KLTV-TV and KTRE-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by KLTV-TV and KTRE-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor’s/Sponsors’ web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
13. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to KLTV-TV, 105 West Ferguson, Tyler, TX, 75701 or KTRE-TV, 358 TV Road, Pollok, TX, 75969 between September 1, 2018 and September, 31, 2019.
[ML1]Only if station makes reservation.