Copyright 2020 Gray TV/KOLD News 13
Howl-O-Ween Pet Costume Contest Official Contest Rules
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by to KOLD News 13 at 7831 N Business Park Dr., Tucson AZ 85743, The Humane Society of Southern Arizona, 635 W Roger Rd, Tucson, AZ, 85705 and Tucson Subaru 4901 N Oracle Rd, Tucson, AZ 85704. The promotion begins at 12:00 a.m. 10/01/20 and ends at 11:59 PM on 10/31/20 (“Promotion Period”). Entries must be received by 11:59 PM on 10/31/20. This promotion is void where prohibited and is subject to all local, state, and Federal laws. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules. All times herein are Mountain time zone.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the KOLD (DMA) viewing area who are [covering all of Pima, Cochise and Santa Cruz counties including towns and cities which are: Benson, Bisbee, Douglas, Huachuca City, Marana, Nogales, Oro Valley, Patagonia, Sahuarita, Sierra Vista, South Tucson, Tombstone, Tucson, and Wilcox and who are (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees, or persons living with employees or immediate family members of employees, of Gray TV, [KOLD]-TV, the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. The phrase “immediate family members” refers to spouses, parents, in-laws, children, siblings, and any other extended family members. Only one entry per [individual / household / e-mail address] will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. There is one way to enter this promotion. Beginning at 12:00 a.m. on 10/01/20 individuals can log on to www.kold.com and complete the online entry form and submit a photo of their pet in a Halloween costume. Entries must be received by 11:59 PM on 10/31/20 in order to qualify. All entries become the property of KOLD News 13, The Humane Society of Southern Arizona and Tucson Subaru and they reserve the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
By entering, you grant to KOLD News 13/ Gray TV, The Humane Society of Southern Arizona and Tucson Subaru the right to use your photograph in connection with the Howl-O-Ween Costume Contest. You authorize KOLD News 13/ Gray TV, The Humane Society of Southern Arizona, and Tucson Subaru the use to copyright and publish the picture in print and/or electronically. You agree that KOLD News 13, The Humane Society of Southern Arizona and Tucson Subaru may use such photographs with or without your name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and web content.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that KOLD-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that KOLD-TV may release entrant’s personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. KOLD-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant’s personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
4. Prize(s). 1 $100 Gift Card to The Humane Society PAWSH Pet Shop or 1 $100 Gift card to PetSmart. No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. The winners will be chosen by the number of votes received. The top 2 winners by votes will receive prizes. The top winner will choose their prize and second place will receive the other prize. Winner’s eligibility must be confirmed. Winner will be announced on or about 12:00 p.m. Mountain Time on Wednesday, November 4, 2020. Winner will be contacted via the contact information on the entry form submitted. Only Two (2) winners will be selected. Announcement may include Sponsors news coverage and social media announcements.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and votes received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. A valid driver’s license or other valid picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), and if applicable any travel companion(s), will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility prior to receiving their prize, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must confirm with organizer by 11/30/20 or their prize will be forfeited. Winner must pick up the prize at the KOLD NEWS 13.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. KOLD-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one-year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from KOLD-TV if KOLD-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name, voice, likeness, biography, and opinions in publicity in any media, worldwide, without any additional compensation or consideration, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that KOLD-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner’s name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused. Entrant releases Sponsor(s) from any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, product liability, and merchandise delivery.
9. Sponsor’s Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by KOLD-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by KOLD-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor’s/Sponsors’ web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion). Sponsor disclaims any representations or warranties regarding the merchantability or fitness of any prize.
10. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Brad Levine, Local Sales Director, Howl-O-Ween Pet Costume Contest, KOLD News 13 at 7831 N Business Park Dr., Tucson AZ 85743 no later than December 31, 2020.