NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ENTRANTS MUST 18 YEARS OR OLDER AND LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, OR CANADA (EXCL. QUÉBEC). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
By participating, you (“Entrant” or “You”) agree to abide by and be bound by these official rules (“Official Rules”) and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The “V Wars” Sweepstakes is a random draw sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”), which begins at 10:00:00 AM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on December 30, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PST on January 3, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Entry Period”). The sole determinant of time for the purposes of a valid entry in the Sweepstakes will be the Sponsor’s clock.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to persons ages 18 and older during the Sweepstakes Entry Period, and, who, as of the time of entry, are legal residents of, and physically located within, the 50 United States, D.C., or Canada (excl. Québec) (“Territory”). Void outside of Territory, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Officers, directors, managers, and employees of Netflix, Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates and related companies and their respective advertising and promotion agencies, consultants and agents, as well as immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each such person, and any others engaged in the development, production, execution or distribution of this Sweepstakes, including Pancake Laboratories, Inc. (“Sweepstakes Administrator”) and IDW Entertainment, Inc. (“Sponsor”) (collectively the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to participate. “Immediate family member” shall be deemed to mean husband, wife, children, mother, father, sister, sister in-law, brother or brother in-law. Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from the Territory, and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. HOW TO ENTER (LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES):
There are three (3) methods of entry:
a. V WARS QUIZ: Entrants completing the V Wars Quiz may access the quiz platform website at VWarsSweepstakes.com (“Website) and complete the V Wars Quiz questions and accompanying entry form by providing Your Email, complete name, age, city, state, zip code, and country of residence. Then, click the “Continue” button to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
b. ONLINE: To enter without completing the V Wars Quiz, Entrant must visit https://a.pgtb.me/SJl9qs (the “Online Website”) during the Sweepstakes Entry Period and complete the Online Sweepstakes entry form in its entirety including: Email, complete name, age, city, state, zip code, and country of residence. Then, click the “Continue” button to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. All Online entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM PST on January 3, 2020.
c. WRITE-IN: On a postcard or a card that is no smaller than 3 ½ x 5 inches and no larger than 4 ¼ x 6 inches, legibly handwrite “V Wars Sweepstakes”, your complete name, mailing address, phone number and date of birth and mail with proper postage to: IDW Entertainment, c/o IDW Publishing, 2765 Truxtun Road, San Diego, CA 92106 USA. All write-in entries must be postmarked by January 3, 2020 and received by January 8, 2020. There is a limit of one (1) write-in entry per envelope/postcard. Each envelope/postcard is considered one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Multiple entries submitted or completed by anyone other than the Entrant are void. No mechanical reproductions will be accepted. Write-in entries must contain all entry fields outlined above; otherwise, they are void and will not be eligible to win.
Regardless of the entry method used to enter the Sweepstakes, there is a limit of one (1) entry per Entrant for the entire Sweepstakes Entry Period. Any attempt by an Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different identities, and/or any other methods will void that Entrant’s entry and that Entrant may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Entries submitted by anyone other than the Entrant are void. In case of dispute as to the identity of any Entrant, entry will be declared made by the registered name and address on such entry. Any potential prize winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such person is the prize winner.
4. LIMITATIONS: Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification and applicable Entries will be void. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant’s registration in the Sweepstakes if Sponsor determines or suspects that the Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other fraudulent, deceptive, or unfair playing practices. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes at any time if fraud, technical failures, or any other errors, or other causes corrupt the administration, security, integrity, or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right to select the Winner from among all eligible Entries received up to the time of such cancellation, in a manner determined by Sponsor to be fair, appropriate, and consistent with these Official Rules.
The Sweepstakes Entities do not warrant that access to the Sweepstakes will be uninterrupted. Neither the Sweepstakes Entities, nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, “Releasees”) are responsible for: (a) Entries from persons residing, or physically located, outside the Territory; (b) Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misrouted, multiple, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules; (c) lost, interrupted or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, websites, or other connection, availability, or accessibility problems arising in connection with or over the course of the Sweepstakes; (d) failure of personal computers and/or software and hardware configurations, any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other errors in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of mail or Entries, or the offering or announcement of the Prizes (defined in Section 5) or in any Prize notification documents; (e) any other errors of any kind relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, or technical in nature; (f) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information in connection with the Sweepstakes; (g) any changes to any Website function that may interfere with the Sweepstakes or Your ability to timely enter; or (h) damage to a user's system occasioned by participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading any information necessary to participate in this Sweepstakes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees.
a. FIRST PRIZE: One (1) first prize will be awarded, each consisting of: one (1) ten (10) minute Video Chat w/Ian Somerhalder; two (2) V-Wars Hoodies; two (2) V Wars T Shirts signed by Ian Somerhalder; two (2) V Wars Totes; five (5) V Wars Stickers; five (5) V Wars Magnets; one (1) V Wars: The Graphic Novel Collection; one (1) V Wars Paperback book (the “First Prize”). Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prizes is $475.98.
b. SECOND PRIZE: Five (5) second prizes will be awarded, each consisting of: one (1) V Wars T Shirt signed by Ian Somerhalder; one (1) V Wars Hoodie; one (1) V Wars Tote; five (5) V Wars Stickers; five (5) V Wars Magnets; one (1) V Wars: The Graphic Novel Collection (each, a “Second Prize”). Total ARV of each First Prize is $164.99.
c. THIRD PRIZE: Five (5) third prizes will be awarded, each consisting of: one (1) V Wars T Shirt; one (1) V Wars Tote; five (5) V Wars Stickers; five (5) V Wars Magnets (each, a “Second Prize”). Total ARV of each Second Prize is $91.99.
Total aggregate ARV of the First Prize, the Second Prizes, and the Third Prizes is $1315.88.
6. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Limit of one (1) prize per person/household. All prizes are non-transferable or assigned and no substitutions or cash redemptions; except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as otherwise provided herein. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Each prize winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, including taxes imposed on his/her income. No more than the stated number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded. Potential prize winners consent to the use of his/her name, likeness, biographical information, and voice in advertising worldwide without additional compensation (TN residents will not be required to sign a Publicity Release as a condition of winning a prize).
7. DRAWING ODDS: Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Sponsor will select the potential Winners in a random drawing on or about January 10, 2020 (“Drawing Date”) from among all eligible Entries received.
8. HOW TO CLAIM PRIZE: Each potential Winner is subject to verification and full compliance with these Official Rules before Prize will be awarded. On or about two (2) business days following the random drawing, each potential Winner will be notified via email to confirm a mailing address as well as any additional required information or responses. Once the potential Winner’s mailing address is received, the potential Winner will be sent an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and, where lawful, Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) paperwork by overnight delivery service or via email to the Address provided during Entry. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate Winner (if time permits) may result from any of the following: (a) a potential Winner’s failure to respond to email notification within three (3) calendar days after transmission; (b) the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts; (c) the return of any other notification as undeliverable; (d) potential Winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency, if required; (e) potential Winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning Entry, if required; (f) potential Winner’s failure to provide any required additional information upon Sponsor’s request; (g) potential Winner’s failure to execute and return a properly completed Affidavit, within five (5) business days after its mailing/emailing; and/or (h) any other non-compliance with these Official Rules. In the event of Prize forfeiture by potential Winner, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited Prize to an alternate Winner. Prize will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received, and Prize is validly claimed by February 28, 2020, after which no alternate Winner will be selected, nor unclaimed Prize awarded.
10. INDEMNIFICATION AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY EACH OF THE RELEASEES FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, DAMAGES, DISABILITY, ATTORNEYS' FEES, AND COSTS OF LITIGATION AND SETTLEMENT, AS WELL AS ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR INJURIES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR AWARDING OF A PRIZE, WHILE PREPARING FOR, PARTICIPATING IN AND/OR TRAVELING (IF ANY) TO OR FROM ANY PRIZE-RELATED OR SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INJURY, DAMAGE, DEATH, LOSS, OR ACCIDENT TO PERSON OR PROPERTY. EACH WINNER AGREES (AS BETWEEN SPONSOR OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND SUCH WINNER) THAT THE PRIZE WON IS PROVIDED AS-IS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR HEREINAFTER ENACTED, RELATIVE TO THE USE OR ENJOYMENT OF THE PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT (I) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (II) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSE AND WAIVES ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED.
EACH ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT ALL RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY OF THE UNITED STATES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVED BY HIM/HER. SECTION 1542 READS AS FOLLOWS:
“CERTAIN CLAIMS NOT AFFECTED BY A GENERAL RELEASE. A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
11. GOVERNING LAW; VENUE: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of any Entrant or Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state's laws. By participating, Entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded (if applicable) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in in the county of Los Angeles, California.
12. GENERAL: All applicable federal, state and local laws apply. Each Winner, by acceptance of a Prize, grants to Sponsor, the other Sweepstakes Entities, and each of their respective designees the absolute right and license to use, publish, post, and/or display his/her name, address (city and state of residence), photograph, voice, likeness, and/or other indicia of persona (regardless of whether altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone, or used with other material in the Sweepstakes Entities’ sole discretion) in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes Entities’ failure to or decision not to enforce any provision in these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in Sweepstakes-related materials, these Official Rules shall prevail. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. The Sweepstakes Entities’ employees are not authorized to waive, modify, or amend any provision or provisions of these Official Rules in any manner whatsoever. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. OFFICIAL RULES & WINNER’S LIST: To receive the winners’ names by email, send an email to VWarsSweepstakes@gmail.com with WINNERS “V WARS SWEEPSTAKES” as the subject line. Requests must be received by March 31, 2020. Winners list will be sent after all Winners have been verified. For a copy of these Official Rules, print this web page or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: IDW Entertainment, c/o IDW Publishing, 2765 Truxtun Road, San Diego, CA 92106 USA before the end of the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Vermont residents may omit return postage.