Throughout the 2017-2018 school year, post photos on social media showing you and your students' love of pasta! Share your pasta dishes, kids eating pasta, staff serving pasta, in-cafeteria celebrations, and so on using the hashtag: #BarillaPastaDayGiveaway.
Fill out the form below in order to participate! Once you complete the form, you will be added to our private Facebook group where you will finalize your entry by posting to the group.
Monthly, we will randomly select 1 lucky school from the entries as the monthly winner of $500 to be used for their school district! Each photo entry will be entered for the chance to win the grand prize; a visit from our very own Chef Bruno Wehren for staff training and a pasta-filled student event!
*All social posts on all listed social handles below will count towards your chances of being chosen, except public Facebook posts. Facebook posts will only count if they are posted to our secret Facebook group.
KIDS LOVE BARILLA® PASTA SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION: The Kids Love Barilla® Pasta Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) allows representatives of participating K-12 school districts who have registered to participate in the Sweepstakes to share their school district’s love of all things Barilla® Pasta by posting photos that capture this love on their school district’s registered foodservice program social media accounts as described herein.
The Sweepstakes takes place beginning 8/1/17 at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ending 6/30/18 at 11:59:59 PM (ET) (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period consists of eleven (11) monthly drawings (each, a “Monthly Drawing”) to award one (1) monthly prize (a “Monthly Prize”) in a random drawing conducted from among all eligible entries received as of 11:59:59 PM (ET) on the last day of each calendar month during the Sweepstakes Period. Additionally, there will be a “Grand Prize Drawing” to award one (1) Grand Prize from among all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each “District Contact” (as defined below) on behalf of him/herself and his/her school district unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Barilla America, Inc. (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
2. HOW IT WORKS:
To participate, an official contact (“District Contact”) for each eligible school district must go to www.BarillaFS.com/K12Giveaway (the “Website”) and complete the registration form with the name of the participating school district, the name of the District Contact, the links/handles for all social media accounts (each, a “Social Platform” and collectively, the “Social Platforms”) that will be used for participation in the Sweepstakes, the email address for the District Contact, indicate the size of the school district, and additional information as requested, and follow the on-screen instructions to submit the entry. Social Platforms may include any official school district social media accounts, except official school district Facebook accounts. Entry into the Sweepstakes via Facebook will be completed by posting a Submission on a promotional Facebook Page. Entrants that choose to enter via Facebook will be provided with on-screen instruction on how to complete their entry and submission upon completion of their registration into the Sweepstakes. Only posts made to Social Platforms provided during registration will be eligible for participation in the Sweepstakes. The name of the District Contact and/or Social Platforms may be changed at any time by contacting Barillateam@summitmg.com.
During the Sweepstakes Period, the District Contact can post photos and messages on the Social Platforms showcasing pasta on the menu (each, a “Submission” and collectively, the “Submissions”) along with the hashtag #BarillaPastaDayGiveaway (the “Required Hashtag”). Each Submission posted in compliance with these Official Rules will count as one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. The Required Hashtag must accompany all Submissions in order to be eligible as an entry into the Sweepstakes. You may post as many Submissions as you like, however each Submission must be unique and must comply with the terms of these Official Rules. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any school district that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Official Rules. DISTRICT CONTACTS MUST SUBMIT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF SUBMISSION WILL BE ACCEPTED. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to move, change or extend deadlines or dates in their sole discretion. Such changes, if applicable, will be communicated to all participants.
Submissions must meet the following criteria:
Submission must be submitted via one (1) or more of the approved Social Platforms and must include the hashtag #BarillaPastaDayGiveaway;
The Submission must be original to District Contact’s school district and the school district must be the rightful owner of the Submission or must have the rights, title and interest necessary to utilize the Submission for the Sweepstakes in compliance with these Official Rules;
Submissions are subject to the following Content Restrictions:
Submission must NOT contain material that infringes or violates any applicable laws or regulations or any right of a third party including: (1) copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or contractual rights; (2) right of privacy or publicity; or (3) any confidentiality obligation. For example, Submission, and any clothing items appearing in the Submission, should NOT contain names or logos of businesses, sport teams, celebrities, music, television shows or movies;
Submission must NOT include third parties/people, who have not expressly authorized in writing the school district to feature their name, image or likeness in the Submission or otherwise use such name, image or likeness in accordance with these Official Rules. If applicable, selected winner may be required to verify such authorization in the form of a release;
Submissions must NOT contain any images of minors whose parents have not expressly granted the school district permission to use such image for purposes of this Sweepstakes;
Submissions must NOT contain subject matter which is, or could be considered, in the sole discretion of Sweepstakes Entities, obscene, pornographic, violent (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), defamatory, libelous, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g., illegal gambling, underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, hateful, degrading, harassing, or otherwise unlawful, tortious or objectionable;
Submission must NOT contain any third-party content that is protected by copyright (without the express prior written consent of the owner of such right) or include names and/or descriptions of any copyrighted media production, including, without limitation, films, books, television programming, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property; and
Submissions must NOT contain any derogatory references to any Sweepstakes Entities.
Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to request that District Contact edit or completely remove any content that may intentionally or unintentionally violate these Official Rules and District Contacts must promptly comply with any such request or the corresponding school district will be disqualified. Sweepstakes Entities will determine in their sole discretion which Submissions have satisfied the requirements of these Official Rules.
3. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: At the end of each calendar month during the Sweepstakes Period, one (1) Monthly Prize winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received as of the end of the corresponding calendar month. At the end of the Sweepstakes Period, one (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received as of the end of the Sweepstakes Period. The District Contact for the potential prize winning school district will be notified via the contact information provided during registration. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within seventy-two (72) hours of the first notification attempt, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of a prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate prize winner may be selected. The odds of winning a Monthly Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received as of the end of the corresponding calendar month. The odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
4. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES:
One (1) Grand Prize is available. The Grand Prize consists of a visit to the school district by Barilla® Consulting Chef Bruno Wehren for a comprehensive one-day training on pasta (or a substitute one-day event in the district as determined between Sponsor and the winning school district. There is no retail value associated with the Grand Prize.
Eleven (11) Monthly Prizes are available. Each Monthly Prize consists of a $500 donation to the winning school district.
5. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: No cash alternative or prize substitutions will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of comparable value if a prize listed is unavailable for any reason. Prize winners shall be solely responsible for any necessary federal, state and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences of receiving any prize, and for any other fees or costs associated with the applicable prize. The District Contact of any potential prize winning school district may have to sign and return a Prize Acceptance Form affirming that they are able to accept the prize on behalf of the winning School District and agreeing to any additional releases as necessary.
Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished by third parties in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
6. GENERAL: Acceptance of a prize constitutes District Contact’s permission for Sponsor and its designees to use the winning school districts name, the winning Submission and other information as required regarding the District Contact and the winning school district for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation. District Contact agree on behalf of themselves and their school district that employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies directly involved with this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) (A) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from a school district’s acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to any person’s computer system or wireless phone which is occasioned by participating in the Sweepstakes, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or postage-due submissions or prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. In the event Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winners in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each school district’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
7. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF DISTRICT CONTACTS/SCHOOL DISTRICTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS.
8. WINNER’S LIST: For names of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by 8/15/18 to: Kids Love Barilla® Pasta Sweepstakes, Attn: Winner’s List, 4500 Highlands Parkway, Smyrna, GA 30082. Winner’s list to be available after 7/15/18.
9. SPONSOR: Barilla America, Inc., 855 Sunset Ridge Rd., Northbrook, IL 60062.
© 2017 Barilla America, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by ANY OF THE SOCIAL PLATFORMS USED FOR ENTRY. ALL SOCIAL PLATFORMS USED FOR ENTRY ARE completely released of all liability by each DISTRICT CONTACT/SCHOOL DISTRICT in this Sweepstakes.