- Twenty (20) Daily Winners will each receive a $50 VISA Gift Card
- One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a check for $7,000
“ABC 7’s Holiday Cash Giveaway”
OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by Gray Media Group, Inc., 1477 10th Street,
Sarasota, FL 34236 (hereafter “ABC 7” or “Sponsor”). The promotion begins at 12:00:00 a.m. October
31, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59PM November 27, 2019. Entries must be received by [11:59:59pm
Eastern Standard Time]. Promotion is subject to local, state, and federal laws, and is void where
prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules. This
promotion is no way sponsored by, endorsed by, or associated in any way with any social media site.
All times herein are Eastern.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. Florida
residents of the following counties in the station’s viewing area: Citrus County, FL; Hardee County,
FL; Hernando County, FL; Highlands County, FL; Hillsborough County, FL; Manatee County, FL;
Pasco County, FL; Pinellas County, FL; Polk County, FL; Sarasota County, FL, who are 18 years of
age or older at the time of entry and are legally permitted to accept the prize described herein.
Employees and immediate family members of employees of ABC 7, the other Sponsor(s), and their
respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production
agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per individual will be
accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified. Text and messaging rates may apply.
3. How to Enter. There is one (1) way to enter this promotion. The contest runs on the twenty weekdays,
beginning Thursday, October 31, 2019 through Wednesday, November 27, 2019. To enter the
contest, the entrant must watch “Good Morning Suncoast” between 6:00AM and 7:00AM on any of
these days for the “Word of the Day”. During the program on each of these twenty days, ABC 7 will
reveal the “Word of the Day”. Entrants will have until 11:59:59PM Eastern Standard Time on each of
these twenty days to register for the chance to win by entering that day’s correct “Word of the Day”
at http://www.mysuncoast.com/contests. Entrants must also include his/her first and last
names, date of birth, address, phone number and email address. Upon clicking "submit entry" the
entry to the contest is recorded. All entries submitted become the sole property of the Station and
will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of
submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Promoter. The contest administrator’s
computer is the official time keeping device for the Contest. For purpose of this Contest, a “Day” shall
begin at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time and shall end at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in
whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through
theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries
are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated
entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without
limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or
Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries,
the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the
entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail
account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for
assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner
may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail
address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses,
Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are
intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system,
data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the
operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right
to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the
number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address
shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to
disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that ABC 7 and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may
provide entrant with promotional materials and that ABC 7 may release entrant’s personally
identifiable registration information, including but not limited to the entrant’s contact information, email
address, and all information contained in the entrant’s social media profile, to the other Sponsor(s)
for that purpose. ABC 7 is not responsible for the use of entrant’s personally identifiable information
by the other Sponsor(s) or the Social Media Sites (as defined below).
4. Ownership and Publicity Rights. By submitting an entry in any form, entrant represents and warrants
that he/she owns the copyrights and moral rights to any and all artistic or commercial works contained
in his/her entry, including any images, logos, music, videos, and/or literary or written content (even if
such works are in the background). In exchange for the opportunity to participate in this promotion,
entrant grants Sponsor(s) the perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, and irrevocable right, but not the
obligation, to use, edit, alter, copy, reproduce, disclose, display, publish, prepare derivative works
from, perform, distribute, exhibit, broadcast, stream, embed, or otherwise exploit the entry, in whole
or in part, whether in connection with the promotion or not, in any form, media or technology, now
known or hereafter developed, including, without limitation, broadcast and cable television, radio,
mobile transmission and the Internet, for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to,
advertising, promotion, entertainment and commercial purposes, without any payment to, or further
authorization by, the entrant. Entrant represents and warrants that he/she has the right to grant all of
the rights in this paragraph to the Sponsor(s), and that he/she has secured all third-party rights,
including but not limited to copyrights, trademark, and privacy rights contained within his/her entry.
Entrant represents and warrants that the entry is original and that all factual statements contained in
it are true and correct and not exaggerated. If at any time Sponsor(s) receive a request to remove
any entry from Sponsor(s) broadcast, website, blog, twitter account, message board, podcast, social
media profile, mobile application, or other media claiming entrant’s failure to secure or possess any
of the rights contained herein, Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to remove the submission and eliminate
entrant from further consideration in this promotion. If any entry: (1) contains material that is violent,
pornographic, obscene, illegal, inappropriate, defamatory, or racially or morally offensive; (2) does
not comply with these rules; or (3) does not meet Sponsor(s) standards for any reason whatsoever,
Sponsor(s) reserve the right to reject the entry as ineligible for submission. Please see our website’s
Terms of Service for terms and conditions on content submissions.
5. Prize(s). Twenty (20) Daily Winners will each receive a $50 VISA Gift Card. One (1) Grand Prize
Winner will receive a check for $7,000.
Grand prize expiration date: May 28, 2020. Grand prize will be forfeited if not claimed by this expiration
No prize may be exchanged, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right
to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
6. How the Prizes are Awarded. Each day of the contest, a daily winner will be selected in a random
drawing from all correct/eligible entries received on the specified day as of 11:59:59pm Eastern
Standard Time, unless otherwise specified on the entry page. Drawings will take place after midnight
12:00AM daily. Grand Prize drawing will take place anytime between December 2, 2019 and
December 6, 2019. All correct entries received over the duration of the contest will also be eligible
for the Grand Prize. ENTRANTS MAY ONLY ENTER ONCE PER DAY. Drawing may be done
through an electronic script which will randomly select the winner by using a computer script designed to select random entry or entries. Winners will be notified by phone or email using the contact information provided on his/her entry form within three (3) business days of the drawing date.
7. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. A driver’s license, appropriate picture identification, or other proof that entrant is the owner of an account or profile is required to claim a prize. The winner(s) will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a publicity release, and a liability release within 15 days of selection notification. Failing compliance with any of these conditions, the winner will forfeit his/her selection and Sponsor(s) shall have the right but not the obligation to select another winner(s) based on the original judging criteria. A winner must claim his or her prize by May 28, 2020 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes. ABC 7 will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one-year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from ABC 7 if ABC 7 reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that ABC 7, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner’s name, voice, likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto, including any information that is publicly available on the winner’s social media profile or account, or to which the winner gave Sponsor(s) permission to access, either directly or indirectly, through the Social Media Sites or any related application.
9. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, defamation, invasion of privacy, misappropriation of likeness, false light, copyright or trademark infringement, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused. By entering this promotion, entrant fully and completely releases the Social Media Sites from any liability associated with or related to participation in this promotion.
10. Sponsor’s Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by ABC 7. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by ABC 7 are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor’s/Sponsors’ web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
11. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WWSB ABC 7, 1477 10th Street, Sarasota, FL 34236 or visit the website at http://www.mysuncoast.com/contests/ between December 9, 2019 and June 9, 2020.