Flip The Switch 2018 OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WIS Television, 1111 Bull Street, Columbia, SC 29201 a. (“Sponsor(s)”). The promotion begins November 12, 2018 at Noon and ends Friday, November 23, 11:59pm. Entries must be received by Friday, November 23, 11:59pm. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station’s viewing area: Abbeville, Aiken, Allendale, Anderson, Bamberg, Barnwell, Calhoun, Chester, Chesterfield, Clarendon, Darlington, Dillon, Dorchester, Edgefield, Fairfield, Florence, Georgetown, Greenwood, Hampton, Horry, Kershaw, Lancaster, Lee, Lexington, Marion, Marlboro, McCormick, Newberry, Orangeburg, Richland, Saluda, Sumter, Union, Williamsburg, and York who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WIS Television, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per day for each individual / e-mail address will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. There is 1 way to enter this promotion. To enter participants must fill out the entry form on wistv.com. Entries must be received by Friday, November 23, at 11:59pm in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WIS-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WIS-TV may release entrant’s personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WIS-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant’s personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
Prize(s). WIS will choose a winner at random from among all entries received by Friday, November 23, at 11:59pm. The prize is as follows:
One (1) winner, selected at random from all eligible entries, will get the opportunity to lead the ceremonial lighting of the WIS Christmas Tree live on air November 28, 2018 during the 5pm Newscast. The one (1) winner will also receive a 3-foot lighted wreath from Outdoor Lighting Perspectives. (est retail value $300)
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How the Prizes are awarded. WIS will choose winners at random from all entries received by Friday, November 23, at 11:59pm. If the Station selects your name as a Prize Winner, the Station will contact you in accordance with the information you supplied to the Station. Prize Winner(s) may be verified over the telephone at the time and will be asked to come to the Station located at 1111 Bull Street Columbia, SC 29201, where each Prize Winner must provide the Station valid identification. Valid identification includes a valid driver’s license or other valid picture ID showing name and address. Faxes will not be accepted. If there is no response from winner within 24 hours of notification of winning then prize is forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver’s license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), travel companion(s), and/or any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 15 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by 5pm on December 5, 2013 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WIS will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WIS if WIS reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WIS, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner’s name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
9. Sponsor’s Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WIS. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WIS are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor’s/Sponsors’ web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
10. List of Winners. For a list of winners, visit the contest section at www.palmettoweekend.com. Or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to 2018 Flip the Switch Winners c/o WIS-TV, 1111 Bull Street, Columbia, SC 29201 between December 1-25, 2018.