For some, the yard is a special place where family and friends come together and memories are made. What “backyard mowment” is your yard being prepped for this summer? Is a Toro® mower or other Toro product helping you prepare for the occasion?
As you prep your outdoor space for that special “mowment” – or as your backyard event gets underway – snap a pic and share it with us. Show -- and tell us -- about your backyard event, and you could earn one of three (3) $100 VISA gift cards being given away by Toro. The top three submissions judged to have the best image and story will be chosen as winners and have their pictures featured as the Toro Yard cover photo for a one-week period in July 2017.
Contest closes July 14, 2017 at midnight.
Please upload your photo with a short description.
Copyright 2017 The Toro Company
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
Sponsor: The Toro Company (“Toro”) is the sponsor of this contest. Toro may be contacted at RLC@toro.com. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
The Toro ‘Backyard Mowments’ Contest is open to residents of the U.S. 18 years of age or older. Contest is void where prohibited by law. Employees of The Toro Company (hereafter referred to as Toro), Toro distributors, Toro dealers, and their families are not eligible to participate in the contest. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By entering, you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook.
The Contest begins May 4, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. CDT and ends at midnight CDT on July 14, 2017. All entries must be submitted by the entry deadline.
Internet access is necessary to enter. Your entry or entries may be submitted via the following method:
• During the contest period, visit www.Facebook.com/Toro.Yard and log on with your Facebook.com username and password. If you are not a Facebook.com member, you can register as a new member by following the instructions as directed. Registration is free.
• Upload your photo and essay in the Contest Tab of the “Toro Yard” Facebook page.
• Your entry must feature or include…
• A short statement about your backyard mowment
• A photo of your backyard event
• You also may want to tell about or show how you used a Toro® product to prepare for the occasion.
There is no limit to the number of entries that can be submitted by an individual; however, only photos of entrants’ own yards are eligible to win a prize. Photos must be of acceptable size/format for use as a Facebook cover photo: At least 850 pixels X 500 pixels. Entrants will be asked to submit a more suitable version of their photo if it does not meet specified guidelines. Inability to provide a suitable photograph will render the entry null and void. Toro will not be held responsible for incomplete, incorrect, or late entries. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules.
Entries may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that…
• Is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
• Promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
• Is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
• Appears to duplicate any other submitted entries;
• Defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
• Contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission;
• Contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
• Contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission;
• Contains materials embodying the names, likeliness, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public figures, living or dead, without permission;
• Contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private characters, living or dead;
• Communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate;
• Violates any law.
Entries must be original (taken by entrant) and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If the entry contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the entry by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these official rules, including, without limitation, name or likeness permissions from any person who appears in or is identifiable in the entry. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render the entry null and void. Failure to provide a picture entry that does not meet Facebook cover photo guidelines will render the entry null and void. By submitting an entry, entrant warrants and represents that he/she and any persons appearing or who are identifiable in the entry consent to the submission and use of the entry in the Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to verify any element of any entry or related materials and to disqualify any entrant whose participation may subject the Contest, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s advertisers, clients, or customers to controversy, negative publicity, scorn, or ridicule.
By submitting an entry, each entrant…
1. Irrevocably grants Toro the royalty-free right throughout the world to use, re-use, copy, publish, republish in whole or in part, edit, add to, modify, and rearrange the contents of the entry in all media, including without limitation, to edit, rearrange, and/or copy the entry for use in the promotion of Toro’s products and services without further permission, consideration or payment to the entrant, except where prohibited.
2. Warrants and represents that the entrant is the sole creator and copyright owner of the entry and that use by Toro of the entry as described in these rules will not violate any law or infringe upon any right or interest of any third party;
3. Certifies that entrant has obtained from anyone identified or depicted in the entry all permission necessary to submit the entry and to grant Toro the right to use the entry as described in these rules;
4. Agrees that all the terms and conditions of these rules, to be bound by these rules and the decisions of Toro and the Contest judges, and consents to the use of his or her name and other information for purposes of direct mail or similar solicitations; and
5. Releases Toro and its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotional agencies and their respective officers, directors and employees from any and all liability with respect to or arising out of participation in the Contest, or the acceptance, use, misuse or possession of any prize or the loss or misdirection of any prize.
All individuals appearing in the entry must be at least 18 years of age. Only the person identified as the entrant will be eligible for any prize offered in this contest. Any other individual shown or identified in an entry will not be considered the entrant and will not be eligible to receive any prize offered in this Contest. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. No submitted photos will be returned.
Toro reserves the right to reject any or all entries that, in Toro’s sole discretion, depict use of a product in an unsafe manner or are otherwise inappropriate.
• Entries will be judged on the following factors:
• Appearance of yard
• Creativity and quality of photo submission
• Creativity of written submission
• Ability to incorporate Toro product(s) into your story
• The Contest judges, comprised of Toro marketing representatives, will select three winning entries and post the winners’ photo submissions and essays on Facebook.com/Toro.Yard. If no entries are submitted, no winners will be announced.
• Winners will be chosen, and an attempt made to notify each winner, by Friday, July 21, 2017. Winners will be notified via email of their winning status.
• Winners will receive recognition through a Facebook status on the Toro Yard Facebook page. Last name and other personal information will not be released in the Facebook post. Information will be (solely) limited to first name, city, and state of the winners in any Facebook post(s).
• Information on the winning entries also can be obtained by writing The Toro Company, RLC Marketing Department, Backyard Mowments Contest, 8111 Lyndale Ave. So., Bloomington, MN 55420
Your information will not be sold or rented to third parties. Entrants must fully complete and submit all non-optional data requested on the entry form to be eligible. Incomplete entries are void.
Three prizes will be awarded. Each winner will receive a $100 VISA gift card from Toro. Gift cards will be mailed to each winner via UPS delivery service.
Each winner accepts responsibility for compliance with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws pertaining to acceptance and use of each prize. If an eligible winner does not claim a given prize, that prize will not be awarded.
Winners will be notified by email. To claim the prize, the winner must respond (within 14 days of winning status) by emailing RLC@toro.com with the address they wish the prize to be sent.
By accepting the prize, the entrant consents, where allowable, to promotional use of his or her first name, city, state and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, and releases Toro, its distributors and dealers from liability resulting from participation in the Contest or the acceptance or use of a prize. Failure to timely claim a prize and comply with the acceptance requirements will result in forfeiture of the prize. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prizes may not be substituted and are not refundable, transferable or redeemable for cash, except at the sole discretion of Toro.
Dependent on the number of qualifying entries received.
The Toro Company
RLC Marketing Department
8111 Lyndale Ave. So.
Bloomington, MN 55420
Toro reserves the right to revoke or cancel the Contest at any time if Contest materials contain errors or other mistakes. Toro is not liable for any technical or computer malfunctions related to the Contest or any Contest entries. Toro reserves the right to terminate the Contest for technical reasons such as a computer virus. Toro’s decisions regarding all issues related to the Contest will be final.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, undelivered, garbled or misdirected entries, photos, captions, “likes,” votes and/or emails; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration in the Contest, the processing of entries, photos, captions or emails, the announcement of the prize, the tabulation of votes, or in any Contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this contest or downloading materials from or use of the website. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the web site or otherwise in violation of these Official Rules. In the event of cancellation or termination, Sponsor reserves the right to determine the winner and/or finalists from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the date of cancellation or termination using the judging criteria and voting processes detailed herein. In the event of a dispute regarding online entry, the entry will be deemed as made by the authorized account holder of the Facebook user associated with the entry and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned the user account by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), online-service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning user accounts. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.