We have received your information and will include it in our next potential winners pool!
ABC7 Chalkboard Champions
OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WWSB, LLC, 1477 10th Street, Sarasota, FL 34236 and Gettel Automotive, 5959 E. State Rd. 64, Bradenton, FL 34208 (“Sponsor(s)”). The promotion begins at 12:00:00 a.m. October 1, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59PM June 1, 2020. Entries must be received by [11:59:59pm Eastern Standard Time]. Promotion is subject to local, state, and federal laws, and is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules. This promotion is no way sponsored by, endorsed by, or associated in any way with any social media site.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to K-12 teachers in Sarasota County and Manatee County, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and are legally permitted to accept the prize described herein. Employees and immediate family members of employees of WWSB-TV, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per individual will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified. Text and messaging rates may apply.
3. How to Enter. There is one (1) way to enter this promotion. To enter the contest, the entrant must go to MySuncoast.com/ChalkboardChampions and fill the registration form. Entrants must include his/her first and last names, date of birth, email address, the nominated teacher’s name, the teacher’s school and county, the subject/grade taught, and an explanation of why the teacher deserves the prize. Upon clicking "submit entry" the entry to the contest is recorded. All entries submitted become the sole property of the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Promoter. The contest administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Contest. For purpose of this Contest, a “Day” shall begin at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time USA and shall end at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time USA.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WWSB-TV may provide entrant with promotional materials. WWSB-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant’s personally identifiable information by the Social Media Sites (as defined below).
4. Ownership and Publicity Rights. By submitting an entry in any form, entrant represents and warrants that he/she owns the copyrights and moral rights to any and all artistic or commercial works contained in his/her entry, including any images, logos, music, videos, and/or literary or written content (even if such works are in the background). In exchange for the opportunity to participate in this promotion, entrant grants Sponsor(s) the perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, and irrevocable right, but not the obligation, to use, edit, alter, copy, reproduce, disclose, display, publish, prepare derivative works from, perform, distribute, exhibit, broadcast, stream, embed, or otherwise exploit the entry, in whole or in part, whether in connection with the promotion or not, in any form, media or technology, now known or hereafter developed, including, without limitation, broadcast and cable television, radio, mobile transmission and the Internet, for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, advertising, promotion, entertainment and commercial purposes, without any payment to, or further authorization by, the entrant. Entrant represents and warrants that he/she has the right to grant all of the rights in this paragraph to the Sponsor(s), and that he/she has secured all third party rights, including but not limited to copyrights, trademark, and privacy rights contained within his/her entry. Entrant represents and warrants that the entry is original and that all factual statements contained in it are true and correct and not exaggerated. If at any time Sponsor(s) receive a request to remove any entry from Sponsor(s) broadcast, website, blog, twitter account, message board, podcast, social media profile, mobile application, or other media claiming entrant’s failure to secure or possess any of the rights contained herein, Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to remove the submission and eliminate entrant from further consideration in this promotion. If any entry: (1) contains material that is violent, pornographic, obscene, illegal, inappropriate, defamatory, or racially or morally offensive; (2) does not comply with these rules; or (3) does not meet Sponsor(s) standards for any reason whatsoever, Sponsor(s) reserve the right to reject the entry as ineligible for submission. Please see our website’s Terms of Service for terms and conditions on content submissions.
5. Prize(s). Each month during the promotion period, one (1) teacher in Sarasota County and one (1) teacher in Manatee County will win a $500 check from Gettel Automotive.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
6. How the Prizes are Awarded. WWSB-TV will determine each winner from all eligible nominees, at its sole discretion, from the online submissions on the first Monday of each month. Winning submissions will be selected based on the following criteria: 1.) the teacher has the ability to inspire the intellectual development of students; 2.) the teacher creates an atmosphere that promotes learning in an out of the classroom; 3.) the teacher achieves a measurable student learning outcomes in terms of test scores, awards, and/or any other tangible variables; 4.) the teacher demonstrates qualities that make an impression on students’ and parents’ educational experience. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER EMAIL ADDRESS WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR ENTRY. However, each non-winning entry will continue to be considered during the duration of the promotion. WWSB-TV will contact the winning teacher via the school at which he or she is employed. Potential winners will be notified by phone or email within three (3) business days of the selection date or as early as possible. Winners will have 72 hours to claim the prize after notification. WWSB-TV will deliver the check to the Sarasota County by the second Wednesday of each month of the promotion; WWSB-TV will deliver the check to the Manatee County winner by the fourth Wednesday of each month of the promotion. WWSB-TV will broadcast the check presentation to the Sarasota County winner on the second Friday of each month during the promotion. WWSB-TV will broadcast the check presentation to the Manatee County winner on the fourth Friday of each month during the promotion.
7. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. A driver’s license, appropriate picture identification, or other proof that entrant is the owner of an account or profile is required to claim a prize. The winner(s) will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a publicity release, and a liability release within 15 days of selection notification. Failing compliance with any of these conditions, the winner will forfeit his/her selection and Sponsor(s) shall have the right but not the obligation to select another winner(s) based on the original judging criteria. A winner must claim his or her prize within 72 hours of notification, or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WWSB-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one-year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WWSB-TV if WWSB-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WWSB-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner’s name, voice, likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto, including any information that is publicly available on the winner’s social media profile or account, or to which the winner gave Sponsor(s) permission to access, either directly or indirectly, through the Social Media Sites or any related application.
9. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, defamation, invasion of privacy, misappropriation of likeness, false light, copyright or trademark infringement, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused. By entering this promotion, entrant fully and completely releases the Social Media Sites from any liability associated with or related to participation in this promotion.
10. Sponsor’s Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WWSB-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WWSB-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor’s/Sponsors’ web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
11. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WWSB ABC7, 1477 10th Street, Sarasota, FL 34236 or visit the website at
http://www.mysuncoast.com/contests/ between November 1, 2019 and August 1, 2020.
 “Teacher” is any classroom instructor (a) employed by any public or private elementary, middle or high school or (b) providing home school instruction subject to applicable Florida law, including but not limited to 1002.01, Fla. Stat. (2007), et seq.