Complete the form below during the respective entry period for the chance to win! 6 lucky entrants (must be executive or corporate level chef in the foodservice industry*) will win the Grand Prize of a 6-day Italian culinary extravaganza!
The prize consists of a 6-day/5-night trip for each winner to participate as a member of the U.S. Chefs Tour of Italy. The trip must on the date designated by the sponsor during Spring 2021. The trip's approximate retail value is $5,000 and includes the following:
Get ready to spend a week in Italy visiting a variety of cities such as Parma, Barilla’s hometown and origin of both Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese and Prosciutto di Parma, Bologna, Italy’s gastronomic capital, as well as other culinary-inspired destinations.
*See official rules for complete details
BARILLA® AND FLAVOR AND THE MENU 2020 SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The Barilla® and Flavor and the Menu 2020 Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is an online Sweepstakes that begins on 1/1/20 at 12:00:00 AM (ET) and ends on 11/30/20 at 11:59:59 PM (ET) (“Promotion Period”) and will consist of six (6) entry periods (“Entry Periods”). One (1) Grand Prize winner for each Entry Period (six (6) Grand Prize winners for the Sweepstakes) will be determined by random drawing from among all eligible entries received for the respective Entry Period. Details on how to enter, prizes and additional disclosures are provided below. For purposes of these Official Rules, each Entry Period starts at 12:00:00 AM (ET) and ends 11:59:59 PM (ET) on the dates as designated below. Entry Periods and drawing dates are as follows:
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, go to BarillaFS.com/FTMSweeps (“Website”) during the Promotion Period; and follow the instructions to complete the registration to enter. Entry into the Sweepstakes is free. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address during the Promotion Period. Non-winning entries will automatically rollover into the random drawing(s) for any subsequent remaining Entry Periods.
In the event of a dispute regarding entries, any entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry, provided that person meets all eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules. “Authorized Account Holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entrants may not participate with multiple e-mail addresses, nor may entrants use any device or artifice to enter multiple times or as multiple entrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple e-mail addresses, under multiple identities or uses any other device or artifice to enter multiple times will be disqualified from participation in the Sweepstakes and all entries submitted by that entrant will be void. Only fully completed entries are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry; and are employed as an executive-level chef or corporate-level chef in the foodservice industry in the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia during the Promotion Period and at the time of awarding of the prize. Employees of Barilla America, Inc., its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising, promotion and other agencies (collectively, “Promotion Entities”), and their families and/or those living in the same household of each, are not eligible to participate. NOTE: Any individual that has won this sweepstakes in previous years (2017 & 2018) are not eligible to participate or win. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Six (6) Grand Prize winners (one (1) Grand Prize winner each Entry Period) will be selected in a random drawing to be conducted on or about the drawing date associated with the respective Entry Period (as noted in Rule #1) from among all eligible entries received for the respective Entry Period by Sponsor or its designee, the judges in this Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final and binding. Potential prize winners will be notified by mail, phone and/or email, using contact information provided or collected at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within five (5) calendar days of the first notification attempt, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of a prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed.
5. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (ARV)/ODDS: Six (6) Grand Prizes (one (1) Grand Prize each Entry Period) – The Grand Prize consists of six (6) day / five (5) night trip for each winner to participate as a member of the U.S. Chefs Tour Italy (ARV $5,000 ea. winner). The Grand Prize includes round-trip premium economy class international air transportation from the major international airport nearest winner’s residence (as determined at the sole discretion of Sponsor); various domestic flight(s) (as needed) while visiting Italy on the tour; ground transportation throughout the tour while in Italy; five (5) night’s lodging (based on single occupancy); various Sponsor-selected culinary tours and classes in Italy; any activity fees and costs associated with the tour; and meals during the course of the tour. In the event that any tour activity and/or event included in the prize package is delayed, postponed, or cancelled for any reason outside the control of the Sponsor, Sponsor will have no further obligation, other than to award the remainder of the prize. In the event that the winner is unable to attend the tour, he/she may opt to receive $1,000 cash in lieu of the Grand Prize trip. Trip prize will take place during the Spring 2021 as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion – dates may be subject to change. Trip must be taken during the dates as designated by the Sponsor or cash option (as noted above) will be awarded to winner. Trip requires a Sunday departure. Winner must possess international travel documents (i.e. passport) (at his/her own expense) prior to awarding of prize. Trip prize must be scheduled through Sponsor. Actual retail value of prize may fluctuate due to market conditions, changes in value of components, (e.g. air transportation and hotel rates) and other reasons. Total ARV of all prizes $30,000. Grand Prize does not include taxes, tips, gratuities, meals (other those noted herein), service charges, laundry service, alcoholic beverages, merchandise, souvenirs, local and long distance telephone calls, airport charges, or any other service or item not specifically described above. In the event Grand Prize winner engages in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is abhorrent, obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to threaten or harass any other person, or that in any way disparages or adversely affects the reputation, image, and/or customer goodwill of Sponsor or any of the other Promotion Entities, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the travel early, and send winner home with no further obligations or compensation whatsoever to winner (which may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in such Grand Prize winner’s disqualification from the Sweepstakes and forfeiture of any prize). In the event Grand Prize winner engages in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is illegal, tortious, or subjects Grand Prize winner to arrest or detention, Sponsor shall have no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments or other costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever incurred by Grand Prize winner as a result of such conduct. In the event any component of the prize is cancelled, delayed, or postponed for any reason outside the control of the Sponsor, Sponsor will have no further obligation, other than to award the remainder of the prize. Odds of winning depend on total number of eligible entries received each Entry Period. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. All applicable federal, state, and local taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. Limit one (1) prize per person in the Sweepstakes. Grand Prize winners will receive a 1099 tax form for the approximate retail value of the prize.
6. GENERAL: Potential Grand Prize winners will be required to sign and return a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release including the recording of their social security number (for tax reporting purposes – as required by law) and, where permitted by law, Publicity Release within ten (10) days after first notification attempt. As part of the winner verification process, each Grand Prize winner will be required to provide Sponsor a high-resolution digital photo of himself/herself to be used by the Sponsor for publicity purposes associated with the Sweepstakes. Photo must be in color, must feature only the winner and must be 4GB or larger. If potential Grand Prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award and such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with these Official Rules. If prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. No correspondence will be acknowledged. No cash equivalents, substitutions or transfer of prize permitted except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that an offered prize is unavailable. Subject to all federal, state and local laws/regulations. Promotion Entities will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize or participation in the Sweepstakes or any prize-related activities. By participating and accepting the prize, winner agrees to hold harmless Promotion Entities and each of their respective affiliates, directors, employees, officers and agents from any and all liability, injury, loss or damage of any kind, including but not limited to personal injury or death, arising from or in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes, or the awarding, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize and/or prize related activity. Acceptance of a prize shall be construed as and signify prize winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the prize winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, prize information, statements and address (city and state) for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation, review, approval or payment, where allowed by law. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or in the administration of the Sweepstakes.
7. LIMITATIONS AND RELEASES: Promotion Entities are not responsible for lost, late, mutilated or illegible entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website and/or wireless network or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper entry and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. If for any reason the online portion of the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor shall post notice on the Website as soon as practical after any action is taken and award the prizes from among all eligible non-suspect entries received up to the action taken by the Sponsor provided a sufficient number of eligible entries have been received. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
9. WINNER’S LIST: For names of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by 1/15/21 to: Barilla® and Flavor and the Menu 2020 Sweepstakes, Attn: Winner’s List, 4500 Highlands Parkway, Smyrna, GA 30082. Winner’s list to be available after 12/15/20.
10. SPONSOR: Barilla America, Inc., 855 Sunset Ridge Rd., Northbrook, IL 60062.
© 2020 Barilla America, Inc. All Rights Reserved.