Voting is open from 09-24-2020 through 10-05-2020 11:59:59 PM ET.
ONE VOTE PER PERSON, PER DOG.
A checkmark in the box signifies you have voted.
Click the share icon on your entry to get more votes!
Copyright 2020 Up Country, Inc.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Up Country UP FOR STARDOM CONTEST(“Contest”) is open only to those who are 18 years or older as of the date of purchase. The Contest is only open to legal residents of the United States and Canada and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Up Country Inc. (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and Contest agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Up Country Inc., as final and binding as it relates to the final donation. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Promotional Period: Eligible entries will be accepted online starting on September 12, 2020 and ending on September 23, 2020. All entries must be made by September 23, 2020 11:59:59 PM ET. Voting will begin on September 24, 2020 and end on October 5, 2020. All votes must be received by October 5, 2020 11:59:59 PM ET. Winners will be chosen on or about October 12, 2020.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting a recent photo of a dog owned by the entrant using the online form provided on the Contest site. Proof of ownership may be required. The entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Up Country Inc. You may enter only once, and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, IP addresses, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Up Country Inc. Only one non-duplicated vote per entry will be counted. Cats, as well as any other non-canine animals, do not qualify for entry and will be disqualified if submitted. One dog with multiple owners may only be entered once. One owner with multiple dogs may enter them via one entry/picture; however, only one dog may be chosen to win. PRIOR WINNERS OF THE “UP FOR STARDOM” OR “BE A STAR” CONTESTS IN THE FOLLOWING CONTESTS/CATALOGS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN: 2019/2020, 2018/2019, 2017/2018, 2016/2017 OR 2015/2016.
5. Prizes: Three (3) winners will be chosen at the end of the contest period to receive the following: One (1) pet portrait package (estimated value $250.00), one (1) Up Country Inc. gift certificate (estimated value $50), photo inclusion in Up Country Inc.’s 2021 catalog and the catalog product sent for modeling purposes (estimated value $50). Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor and can be substituted for a like value item at any time. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Up Country Inc.to use winner's name, likeness, photo, story submissions and entry for the purposes of advertising, trade, and other marketing activities without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner selection and notification: Two (2) winners of the Contest will be selected under the supervision of the Sponsor and at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. One (1) winner of the Contest will be selected under the supervision of the Sponsor and per the total number of non-duplicated votes received. Winners will be notified via email to the email address they entered the Contest with within five (5) business days following the winners’ selections. Up Country Inc. shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within five (5) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
6. Rights Granted by you: By entering the Contest you understand that Up Country Inc., anyone acting on behalf of Up Country Inc., or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
7. Terms: Up Country Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Up Country Inc. may total all eligible entries and votes received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Up Country Inc. Up Country Inc. reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Up Country Inc. has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple transactions from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by the rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Up Country Inc. reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Contest, you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from Up Country Inc. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
8. Limitation of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Up Country Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and Contest agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the Contest, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
9. Disputes: THE CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND PROVIDENCE COUNTY, RHODE ISLAND, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in the Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in RHODE ISLAND having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering the Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
11. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the final list of winners, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Up Country Inc., 76 Boyd Avenue, East Providence, RI 02914. Requests must be received no later than October 22, 2020.
12. Sponsor: The Sponsor of this Contest is Up Country Inc., 76 Boyd Avenue, East Providence, RI 02914, Phone: 800-541-5909.
13. The Giveaway hosted by Up Country, Inc. is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.