Copyright 2018 WAFF 48
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is brought to you by First Family and WAFF 48. The promotion begins on 11.02.2018 and ends at noon 11.07.2018. If for any reason all three teams have a tie, WAFF 48 has the right to pick a winner from a random draw. Entries must be received by the deadline outlined in the contest description. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents and the station's Viewers must live in the WAFF (DMA) viewing area which are: Lauderdale, Limestone, Madison, Morgan, Jackson, Dekalb, Marshall, Lawrence, Franklin, and Colbert counties and who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WAFF-TV, First Family and WAFF 48, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
3. How to Enter. Beginning date noted, individuals can log on to WAFF 48 News App and waff.com and enter the contest by filling out the entry form and submitting your vote. Winners will receive a prize as described on the website. Entries must be received by deadline in order to qualify. All entries become the property of First Family and WAFF 48, and First Family and WAFF 48 reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. First Family or WAFF 48 is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or First Family or WAFF 48), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Feld Entertainment reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined byFirst Family and WAFF 48 in its/their sole discretion, and First Familyand WAFF 48 reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that WAFF-TV and First Family of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that WAFF-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. WAFF-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by First Family.
4.Prize pack includes a five hundred dollar check written and signed from First Family. The check will be brought and given to the winning school each Thursday with TV crew for video to reuse on live television.
Prize(s). No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). First Family and WAFF 48 reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. There is no limit on the number of entries, but are limited to the number of entries per day. Winners will be awarded via random drawing.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), and if applicable any travel companion(s), will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within three days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by one month after the deadline at 5PM or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WAFF-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WAFF-TV if WAFF-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WAFF-TV, and First Family, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases First Family, its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WAFF-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WAFF-TV are final and binding. First Family and WAFF 48 reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of First Family and WAFF 48 web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. First Family and WAFF 48 further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
10. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WAFF-TV, 1414 N. Memorial Parkway, Huntsville, AL, or visit the contest section of www.waff.com.