Anaheim Town Square's Mother's Day Giveaway Official Rules
1. HOW TO ENTER:
(A) Entry: To participate in the Anaheim Town Square Giveaway (the “Contest”), an eligible participant (a “Participant”) must prepare a statement about their mom.
(B) Content Criteria. The Entry and any accompanying materials, including the corresponding photos and/or videos, must meet the originality criteria of Section 6 below and the content guidelines of Section 7 below, and must be between 50-300 words (the “Criteria”). Entries which do not meet the Criteria shall be disqualified.
(C) Pitches must be submitted by 11:59 PM EST on May 5th, 2019.
Participants can submit a Pitch by:
(i) Filling out the entry form
(D) Each Participant shall only be permitted to enter one entry.
(E) The Contest Period begins Friday, April 5, 2019 and ends on Sunday, May 5, 2019.
This Contest is open to legal residents of the United States of America who reside in Anaheim, CA or its surrounding cities, 18 years of age or older at their time of entry. Employees (and their immediate families and household members) of Anaheim Town Square and its affiliates are not eligible. Employees (and their immediate families and household members) of Anaheim Town Square's advertising and promotion agencies or their affiliates are not eligible. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW AND is SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS.
3. PRIZE: A total of one (1) grand prize will be awarded. There are no additional prizes.
(iii) In order to receive their grand prize, the grand prize winner must provide their mailing address
4. SELECTION OF GRAND PRIZE WINNER:
(A) After the Contest Period closes on Sunday, May 5, 2019, each eligible entry submitted shall be reviewed by Sponsor, and a winner will be selected no later than Tuesday, May7, 2019. Pitches will be assessed on this basis of the criteria set forth in Exhibit A hereto, as may be amended or modified by the Sponsor and/or the Advisory Member in its or their sole discretion.
The Finalists will be notified by e-mail and/or phone no later than Tuesday, May 7, 2019. In order to be considered for the grand prize, a Finalist must return all required documentation provided by Sponsor within the indicated time period, including execution of an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release, to be returned within seven (7) days of the date of Finalist’s receipt of such request from Sponsor. In the event of noncompliance with the foregoing requirements by a Finalist, such Finalist will not be eligible to win the grand prize. In the event of noncompliance with the foregoing requirements by all Finalists, Sponsor reserves the right to have the Advisory Member select additional Finalists and/or to cancel the Contest.
Further, if at any time during the process Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that a Participant does not qualify as a business or practice owner that an Entry does not meet the Criteria, or that a Participant has not complied with the Terms of Submission, a Participant may be disqualified.
(E) RESERVATION OF RIGHTS: If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of being run as planned, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to change these Official Rules and to modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contest. Further, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select no grand prize winner if an insufficient number of eligible, complete, tasteful, appropriate or generally qualified entries are received. The decisions of the Advisory Member, Judges and Sponsor are final and not subject to challenge or appeal.
5. TERMS OF SUBMISSION: By entering this Contest, Participant represents and warrants that (i) Participant authored the Entry submitted, (ii) Participant created any materials attached to the Entry, including photos and/or videos, or, if Participant did not create such attachments, Participant has the written permission of the creator of such attachment(s)to enter such attachments in the Contest and to grant the rights Participant grants herein, (ii) Participant‘s Pitch and the related attachments, including photos and/or videos, meets the originality criteria of Section 5 below, , and (iii) Participant has read and understood these Official Rules.
By entering, Participant agrees:
(i) Participant is authorized to enter into this Contest and make the representations stated herein.
(ii) To be bound by these Official Rules, as they may be amended from time to time by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion and without prior notice, and the decisions of Sponsor are final.
(iii) Participant’s submission of Participant’s Entry and the related photos and/or videos may not be acknowledged and will not be received or held "in confidence", and Participant’s submission of an Entry or and the related photos and/or videos does not create a confidential relationship or obligation of secrecy between Participant and Sponsor or any of its affiliates or any of its licensees, successors or assigns.
Participant’s Entry and any attachments, including related photos and/or videos, must be Participant’s original work and must not contain any third-party content or other materials (such as text, graphics, artwork or logos) which Participant does not have the right or license to use. Participant shall not include any copyrighted content in Participant’s Entry and the related photos and/or videos unless (i) Participant owns the copyright, (ii) Participant has permission from the rightful owner of the material or (iii) Participant is otherwise legally entitled to use the material and to grant Sponsor a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, and display the material in connection with the Contest.
Modifying, enhancing, or altering a third-party's pre-existing work does not constitute an original work.
Entries submitted shall not: (i) violate the intellectual property rights (copyright, patent, trademark, etc.) of any third party; (ii) defame or invade the publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased; or (iii) otherwise infringe upon any person's or entity's personal or proprietary rights.
6. CONTENT GUIDELINES: Please note that any Entry or the related photos and/or videos that contains material that is violent, pornographic or otherwise obscene, illegal, or racially or morally offensive, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, shall be rejected as ineligible for judging. Entries must comply with all laws including, but not limited to, those concerning copyright, plagiarism, trademark, defamation and invasion of privacy.
7. GENERAL RULES:
Prizes are nontransferable and no substitution will be allowed, except by Sponsor who reserves the right to award a prize (or portion of prize) of equal or greater value. Sponsor and its agencies assume no responsibility or liability for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use of a prize.
Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, its licensees, successor and assigns, and its marketing agencies (collectively, "Released Parties") are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, damaged, incorrect, misrouted, undelivered, garbled, illegible entries or e-mail; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines or technical failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or any Contest-related materials; or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any entry or other such information or the failure to capture any such information. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or website, as solely determined by Crenshaw Imperial Plaza, will be disqualified. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW (AND TO DISQUALIFY SUCH PERSON FROM THE CONTEST, IF APPLICABLE).
8. USE OF INFORMATION: Neither the Entry nor any of the materials and information submitted by Participants will be treated as confidential, so please do not submit proprietary information. Participants further agree that personally identifiable information may be processed, stored, and otherwise used for the purposes of the Contest, including, but not limited to, checking Participant's identity, postal address, and telephone number, or to otherwise verify eligibility to participate.
9. GOVERNING LAW: The laws of the State of California, without reference to the conflicts of laws provisions thereof, govern the Contest and all aspects related thereto. Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Anaheim, CA; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential, or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"); and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased.
10. SPONSOR: Anaheim Town Square, having its principal place of business at 2180 E Lincoln Ave, Anaheim, CA 92806 is the sponsor of this Contest.