In consideration of the opportunity to submit a student-nominee to participate in WAFB’s Senior Salute 2020, I, as representative of the school named in the entry form above (the “School”) hereby grant to Gray Media Group, Inc., d/b/a WAFB, including its parent, affiliates, licensees and assigns, (“WAFB”) a non-exclusive license to include the submitted photograph(s), video(s) or other content (the “Licensed Material”) as part of Senior Salute 2020 (the “Production”) and (b) in connection with advertising, promoting, marketing, or providing publicity for the Production, in all cases, on terms and conditions set forth in this License. The terms herein constitute the entire agreement of the parties and supersede all prior agreements, written or oral, and may not be modified without the prior written consent of each party hereto.
1. Representations and Warranties: The School hereby represents and warrants, and WAFB relies on these representations and warranties, as follows: (a) School is the sole owner of all rights in the Licensed Material, and has the full right, without restriction or need to obtain any additional approval, including parental/guardian approval for the student entered, to enter into this License and that I am at least 18 years old; (b) WAFB will not be required to obtain any further authorization, consent, clearance or right from any other party, including parental/guardian approval for the student entered, and WAFB will not be required to pay any fees, re-use fees, or royalties to any party in order to the use of the Licensed Material under this License. This License is not subject to any collective bargaining agreement, union or guild in connection with WAFB’s use of the Licensed Material; (c) The use of the Licensed Material by WAFB will not violate the rights of any third party such as for invasion of privacy, misappropriation of rights or publicity, defamation, or any other cause of action arising out of the production, distribution, advertising, broadcast, exhibition or any other use of the Licensed Material by WAFB.
2. Indemnification: School will indemnify and will hold WAFB harmless from and against any loss, cost, damage, liability and expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of any claim that may arise from WAFB’s use of the Licensed Material.
3. Assignment: WAFB may assign this License and all rights granted under the License to any third party, as WAFB deems appropriate and this License will inure to the benefit of WAFB, its successors or assignees. School may not assign this License.
4. No Injunctive Relief: School agrees that, in the event of a failure, omission or breach of this License by WAFB, the damage to School is not irreparable or sufficient to entitle School to injunctive or other equitable relief. Consequently, School’s rights and remedies in such event will be limited to the right to obtain damages at law. School may not terminate or rescind this License and waives the right to enjoin or restrain the development, production, advertising, promotion, distribution, exhibition or exploitation of the Program and/or any of WAFB’s rights pursuant to this License.
5. Miscellaneous: The attempted termination of this License for any reason will not affect WAFB’s rights granted herein. My acceptance of the terms of this License is confirmed by my submission of the Licensed Content. In the event that any clause, part or provision of this License shall be held invalid or with no effect by a court of competent jurisdiction, all remaining clauses, parts and provisions shall remain valid and binding. This License, and all matters or issues material thereto, will, in all respects, be governed by, and interpreted, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the state of Louisiana, without regard to conflict of law principles.