KLTV Local Hero Salute recognizes East Texas community leaders and volunteers. Nominate your favorite local hero today!
Submit a photo of someone who you feel makes a difference in East Texas and tell us why they should be featured in our Local Hero Salute! Individuals acknowledged will be chosen by an anonymous panel.
Copyright 2018 KLTV/KTRE
OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by KLTV, 105 W Ferguson St., Tyler, Tx 75702 & Goudarzi & Young LLP (“Sponsor”). The promotion begins at midnight March 26, 2018 and ends at 11:59 PM December 31, 2018. Nominations must be received by Midnight December 1, 2018. Promotion is subject to local, state, and federal laws, and is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules. This promotion is no way sponsored by, endorsed by, or associated in any way with ShortStack.com. All times herein are Central time zone.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Community leaders and volunteers nominated for this promotion must be legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station’s viewing area: Smith, Wood, Franklin, Camp, Upshur, Gregg, Cherokee, Houston, Nacogdoches, Angelina, San Augustine, Rusk, and Sabine. Nominees must also be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Furthermore, nominees must also conduct business within the KLTV viewing area. Employees and immediate family members of employees of KLTV-TV, the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Text and messaging rates may apply.
3. How to Enter Nomination. There is one (1) way to nominate a community leader or volunteer for the Local Hero Salute promotion. Beginning at Midnight, March 26, 2018 individuals can log on to https://a.pgtb.me/KQcFMC and fill out the entry form. Nominations must be received by December 1, 2018 in order to qualify. All Nominations become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Nominations must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated Nominations, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online Nominations, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of Nominations submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any Nominations by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that KLTV-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that KLTV-TV may release entrant’s personally identifiable registration information, including but not limited to the entrant’s contact information, email address, and all information contained in the entrant’s social media profile, to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. KLTV-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant’s personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s) or the Social Media Sites (as defined below).
4. Ownership and Publicity Rights. By submitting an entry in any form, entrant represents and warrants that he/she owns the copyrights and moral rights to any and all artistic or commercial works contained in his/her entry, including any images, logos, music, videos, and/or literary or written content (even if such works are in the background). In exchange for the opportunity to participate in this promotion, entrant grants Sponsor(s) the perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, and irrevocable right, but not the obligation, to use, edit, alter, copy, reproduce, disclose, display, publish, prepare derivative works from, perform, distribute, exhibit, broadcast, stream, embed, or otherwise exploit the entry, in whole or in part, whether in connection with the promotion or not, in any form, media or technology, now known or hereafter developed, including, without limitation, broadcast and cable television, radio, mobile transmission and the Internet, for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, advertising, promotion, entertainment and commercial purposes, without any payment to, or further authorization by, the entrant. Entrant represents and warrants that he/she has the right to grant all of the rights in this paragraph to the Sponsor(s), and that he/she has secured all third party rights, including but not limited to copyrights, trademark, and privacy rights contained within his/her entry. Entrant represents and warrants that the entry is original and that all factual statements contained in it are true and correct and not exaggerated. If at any time Sponsor(s) receive a request to remove any entry from Sponsor(s) broadcast, website, blog, twitter account, message board, podcast, social media profile, mobile application, or other media claiming entrant’s failure to secure or possess any of the rights contained herein, Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to remove the submission and eliminate entrant from further consideration in this promotion. If any entry: (1) contains material that is violent, pornographic, obscene, illegal, inappropriate, defamatory, or racially or morally offensive; (2) does not comply with these rules; or (3) does not meet Sponsor(s) standards for any reason whatsoever, Sponsor(s) reserve the right to reject the entry as ineligible for submission. Please see our website’s Terms of Service for terms and conditions on content submissions.
5. File Formats. Photo submissions should be less than 3500x4500 px and uploaded/submitted as a JPEG, JPG, or GIF file to https://a.pgtb.me/KQcFMC. Written submissions should be in .DOC, .TXT format and uploaded/submitted to https://a.pgtb.me/KQcFMC. The submission should be no larger than 128 MB.
7. How the Local Hero is Selected: Each month, a chosen hero will be selected by an anonymous panel and recognized on KLTV. Winners will be notified by phone from a member of KLTV’s staff.
8. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Nominations received.
9. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, defamation, invasion of privacy, misappropriation of likeness, false light, copyright or trademark infringement, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused. By entering this promotion, entrant fully and completely releases the Social Media Sites from any liability associated with or related to participation in this promotion.
10. Sponsor’s Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by KLTV-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by KLTV-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor’s/Sponsors’ web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).